Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stampin' Write Markers

I did a workshop recently where I focussed on the Stampin' Write Markers and different ways they can be used and so I thought I would share with you some of the samples I made and highlight the different ways I used them.

Direct colour to stamped image: (most of us like to colour in as we did as a child)


The cards and techniques below were two of my favourites and I definately think they constitute a 'Workshop WOW'.

Marker direct to stamp (card on the left below) - I first stamped the image in a light ink (More Mustard from memory) and then I simply used my Ruby Red marker to ink around the edges of the stamp and in any grooves - a bit like 'rock and roll' stamping although you get added colour impact in the centre parts of the stamp image where you added the contrasting colour. Does this make sense?

Thumping (card on the right below) - I inked up the image again in a light shade (More Mustard) and then using two contrasting markers (Ruby Red and Old Olive) I held them like two drumsticks (the musical instrument type not the icecreams!) and thumped them onto the stamp. It made a great kaleidoscope effect and definately a 'WOW' factor! You may need to click on the image below to enlarge it to see the effects the best, I should have taken some close-up shots of these!


Watercolouring: (not my strong suit but a technique I like to try to improve!)

The card on the left was done by first stamping the image on to watercolour paper and then using a marker to highlight areas, the colour was then blended around the image with a watercolour pen.

The card on the right was done by colouring in the image on the stamp directly with markers and then using a spray bottle of water, spraying a mist of water over the coloured stamp prior to stamping the image on to watercolour paper, creating a washed out effect.


I hope you enjoyed learning how to or being reminded of different ways you can use the Stampin' Write Markers. I enjoyed doing this workshop and if you would like to have one yourself to have a go at these techniques and you live in the South of Tasmania then contact me. The new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue is also now available with lots of new products to see!

Also, if your Stampin’ Up!® “Wish List” includes the set of 48 dual tip Stampin’ Write Markers with the storage case and the purchase price is too expensive for you to spend all at once then you might be interested in joining in a Colour Club! Interested, then click here for more details on how they run and if you are keen to participate then contact me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails