Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tulips for a friend...

Today I needed to make a birthday card for a friend (not that I have any cards left in my card stash, lol, I always seem to make them at the time with the person in mind) and I have been wanting to try out the technique that I have seen in lots of places to use the Extra-Large Two Step Bird Punch ($30.95 AUD) to make tulip flowers! I also got to use my new Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder($15.95 AUD) for the background.

I had thought to put them in a vase, but did not have anything to use that I was happy with, so I cased a card layout from Splitcoast Stampers (someone called durango509) changing the colour combo and a few other elements.

Stamps: Vintage Labels
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Pale Plum, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Extra-Large Two Step Bird, SU! Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Eyelet Boder Punch, Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I was really happy with the result and I am sure my friend will like it, especially as it is hand-made.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh!!!! How gorgeous Mae!! Now I want that punch even more!! Thanks for sharing this fab idea...I had not seen it on SCS!!

Carol said...

This is a stunning card Mae, love the colours you've used. Using the bird punch is a great idea, I've only seen rosebuds made with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails