Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 4 - Medallion "Kissed"

Have you "kissed" a stamp before? Well I have, not literally, but with another stamp. It is such a simple but effective technique that can give great results.

Here is the card that I created after I had "kissed" my Medallion stamp with another stamp - Tres Chic...

Stamps: Medallion, Tres Chic
Inks: Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Mirror Image Stamp (non SU product), Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Button (Latte), Snail Adhesive and Sticky Dot

I have to admist that it took me two attempts prior to this to get the desired effect. The reason for the first mistake was that I had forgotten when "kissing" a stamp with text on it, the text would be reversed when the original stamped image was stamped on to cardstock. See my mistake below (this is not an issue with images only text, unless of course you want an animal image or something to face a particular way)...


The second attempt was using the Brayer to pick up the text from the Tres Chic stamp and rolling it back over my Medallion stamp, but unfortunately my image was too long for the circumference of the brayer and some text overlapped. Also, when I transferred the "kissed" Medallion image to my cardstock it was not as clear or crisp as I had wanted. So for my third attempt I reverted to using a non-SU product, a Mirror Image Stamp (from Stamp-It), to transfer the Tres Chic text to the Medallion stamp. This Mirror Image Stamp is basically a flat piece of stamping rubber to which you can transfer an image and then re-stamp it. {It may be possible to create your own mirror image stamp using smooth off-cuts when mounting stamps, although, these would be only for transferring small images - not that I have tried this yet!}

Kissing Technique:
  1. Ink a solid stamp with a light colour ink.
  2. Ink a background stamp (or other image you prefer) with a darker colour ink.
  3. Press or "kiss" the solid stamp on to the background stamp (or vice versa if the other image is smaller than the solid stamp you are using, ie "kiss" the smaller image on to the solid stamp).
  4. Stamp your "kissed" solid stamp on to cardstock.
  5. Finish your card.
(Variation: "Kissing Technique with a Twist" - follow steps 1 to 3 above, but before lifting the small stamp off the solid stamp, give it a little "twist", repeat if ncessary before stamping on to cardstock. Finish your card.)

The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I have used the "kissing technique" with my Medallion stamp - why don't you give it a try and don't forget to leave a comment here with a link to your creation so I can see what you made!

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Very nice! These colours look lovely together. Thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails