Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 6 - Poppin' Pastels and Medallion

Today I used a Stampin' Up! product that I haven't pulled out in a long time, and I don't know why as they are so much fun to play with, and gave a softer effect to this card - our chalks, Stampin' Pastels.

I inked up the Medallion stamp in Versamark ink and stamped the image on to Whisper White cardstock. Then using a sponge dauber (you could use sponges) I applied the chalks to "pop" out the colour (thus the name of this technique: Poppin' Pastels). I used Gable Green to give this soft look.

I then stamped the centre of the Medallion stamp a second time on to Whisper White cardstock and using the Glorious Green chalk I gave it a darker look. Using the Scallop Circle Punch I punched out the centre of the image, added a rhinestone brad, and then using Stampin' Dimensionals I raised the scalloped circle off the main imge. I used two strips of White Taffeta Ribbon to give the wide ribbon effect and overlayed this with some Celery Grosgrain Ribbon to match the Gable Green cardstock.

The greeting 'For the Newlyweds' is from the Teen Tiny Sentiments set (available in the Autumn-Winter Mini) and I bought this as I will use it all the time! This set is a great one for SU demonstrators to have on hand at every workshop because it will allow guests to design their cards for any occasion. It has 24 greetings and covers everything from birthdays to anniversaries and major calendar events! It's a great and versatile set that I reach for time and time again, and as my set is in the clear mount stamps it is easy to store and transport in the DVD type case. As a bonus the greeting fits nicely inside the Word Window Punch. [Clear Mount Stamps $46.95 AUD or Wood Mount Stamps $62.95 AUD - order yours from me today!]

Stamps: Medallion, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Versamark ink, Garden Green ("stamped off" for the sentiment)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gable Green
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels - Gable Green and Glorious Green, Rhinestone brad, White Taffeta Ribbon, Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive


The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

I hope you have been enjoying my week of featuring the Medallion stamp and seven different techniques to use with it! Don't forget to drop by tomorrow night for my last post using this stamp.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to have a look through your craft supplies and use something that hasn't been used for a while - you might be surprised with what you discover!

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful soft colours for a wedding card - this is really lovely, Mae.

Michelle said...

Ive been into card making lately. Thanks for the ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails