Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 7 - Split Negative Medallion

I hope you have enjoyed my seven days of different techniques using the Medallion stamp, I know I have and there is so many more ways to use this stamp that I could post for another week! It could be simply a background image, used to stamp your own DSP for a scrapbook page, gold embossed on an anniversary or wedding card, the edges could be used to create a border, it could be stamped/embossed and highlighted with dazzling diamonds or SU glitter chunky sprinkles and the list goes on and on...

Stamps: Medallion, Oval All
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White Pigment Ink
Cardstock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Snail Adhesive


Anyway for today's card I have the used the technique "Split Negative", but I have decided not to use the traditional black and white version but a coloured 'split negative'. I really wanted to use the Elegant Eggplant colour but unfortunately I found I had run out of Elegant Eggplant cardstock - I just love the effect of Whisper White Pigment Ink stamped on to Egglant Eggplant!

First I stamped the Medallion stamp using Riding Hood Red ink on to Whisper White cardstock. Then I stamped it on to Riding Hood Red cardstock with Whisper White Pigment Ink. Each piece was then cut to 6 cm x 12 cm ensuring the centre pieces matched together. I then mounted these two pieces together on to Basic Black cardstock and tied a piece of Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon around the front panel (I always like my ribbon ends to tuck neatly behind the cardstock before I put the card together). I also applied a greeting to the front panel using a silver oval embelishment from a Hodgepodge Hardware set, again allowing the split pins to be hidden behind the panel before mounting on to my card front.

Well I hope you have enjoyed this past week's feature stamp - the Medallion (although I started my week's worth of posting mid-week and thus ended mid-week!), as much as I have enjoyed making these and sharing them with you.

The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know if you enjoyed this focus on one stamp, using different techniques.

I now have to go clean up my craft desk, yet again!

2 comments:

Richelle said...

Hi Mae,
Oooo! I've just been looking at ur medallion stamp projects, they have all turned out really well! Thanks for sharing :)

Christine Blain said...

I LOVE this in the red and white, Mae - it is so clean and crisp, and a beautiful card. The ribbon looks fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails