Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge & 1/2 OSW

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink was a colour challenge using:


I was inspired to use these colour by making cards with the One Sheet Wonder (OSW) technique. As I had already half an A4 piece of Whisper White cut, I thought I would simply make cards using half of the last OSW A4 template I designed - click here to see that template again, although I still only have it in my draft format and not yet in a more printable format.

I made six cards using the Whisper White cardstock piece that I stamped, plus one sheet of Soft Suede and one sheet of Pretty in Pink cardstock for mounting and three sheets of Whisper White (cut in half) to make the six card bases, and here they are as a group:


This is the piece of Whisper White cardstock that I stamped up using the colours from the challenge and the Eastern Blooms stamp set before it was cut according to the template...


Card 1 - A1 template pieces

Card 2 - B10 and A5 pieces combined

Card 3 - C11 pieces

Card 4 - same size as A5 piece (which can be switched with A3 & A4 or B7 & B8)

Card 5 - D16 pieces

Card 6 - C12 pieces

I used the new Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set to add various greetings to these cards, it is such a useful set and has greetings for all year round and such varied occasions.

I really enjoyed using this template because I designed it (with assistance from my lovely friend Jody-ann) in such a symmetrical way that many pieces can be interchanged without affecting the template sizing and allowing a variety of card combinations to be made. I must find some time to sit down and put this template in a format that I can use to create a myriad of other combinations, as some people are very visual learners and may not understand how to swap pieces around to vary the template for their personal preferences. Another thing to add to my growing "to do" list!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to Just Add Ink to see how other people have used this colour combo!

5 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

These are great, Mae! A perfect set together. Looking forward to seeing the template! ;)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is so clever and a great example of what you can do with a 'One Sheet Wonder'. It's something I haven't tried yet. Great set of cards.

teresascreativecards said...

Hi Mae
These are so stunning, the colour combination works really well.

Louise Sutton said...

Gorgeous cards, as always Mae! I haven't used that stamp set in a while. Might have to dust it off now!

Liam said...

These cards are just gorgeous.

Liam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails