Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #19

Tonight was meant to be an opportunity for my group the Tassie Inkydinks to get together (either at my place) or online for a cyberstamp and to chat about all things SU and anything else that crops up! However, no-one was able to join me tonight so I still used the time to create two 'classy sympathy cards' for a challenge set by one of our team members from our last get together - you can see these on our Tassie Inkydinks blog by clicking here.

One of the other cards I created tonight was for the Just Add Ink Challenge #19, which was a colour challenge using the following three colours...


I don't currently have the inkpad, cardstock or ribbon for the new In Colour Melon Mambo, but I did have a small sample of the cardstock that was sent to me several months back by an American SU demonstrator, so I managed to incorporate this piece in to my card. I have also run out of supplies of Elegant Eggplant cardstock (note to self to re-order!) but managed to incorporate small pieces of off-cuts that I keep when I only need to use a little bit of cardstock in my design. I, of course have the Elegant Eggplant ink pad as I love this colour and am so pleased it is not being discontinued in the SU Colour Renovation (details on the left-hand side of my blog and in an earlier post). I also had Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon which I could use. I had plenty of Taken with Teal cardstock and also the matching ink!

So using the stamp set I {Heart} Hearts this is the card that I created for the colour challenge...

Can you tell me where I found the inspiration for the layout of this card? A place that is worthwhile looking in both as SU demonstrators and customers!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget if you want to get your SU supplies at a discount, which is the main benefit I enjoy about being a demonstrator, then consider joining my team the Tassie Inkydinks (and NO you don't have to live in Tasmania to be a team member, but you do have to be in Australia!) as SU have a great offer on the Starter Kit for ONLY $259. Click here for more details!

6 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Hi Mae, love the simplicity of your card ... very nice!!!

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Mae!

Tania M. Gould said...

Beautiful! Love the white "thank you" - I'm always so scared of stamping words in white but you've done such a neat job! (it is white isnt it?)

Mae Collins said...

Yes Tania, I stamped the "thank you" in Whisper White pigment ink which is very effective on bold, deep colours. I especially like it on Elegant Eggplant, have ordered more of this cardstock today!

Amanda said...

Mae, this is a FANTASTIC design, I love the embossing and simple design balancing each other out - perfect!

Danielle Daws said...

Hi Mae! This is so pretty, I love it! Thanks for playing. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails