Sunday, May 23, 2010

More ESAD Unconvention projects

Well I can't say that I missed out on being creative by not attending the annual Stampin' Up! Convention this year, because ESAD has inspired me to create! So much so, that I haven't been able to complete all challenges set (at this stage!) and I seem to have been avoiding the scrapbook challenges, which is an area of my crafting I have neglected recently!

Another buzz for me today was that I won the daily scavenger hunt, which is where we are given questions, via our online chat session, about items in our current SU Idea Book & Catalogue as well as the current Mini Catalogue, and we have to be the first person to put up the correct answer. I tell you, some of those ladies are quick, and I can even touch type! Some were quick even with babes in arms/laps, literally, while joining in the fun! This group is a great way to make friends, far afield, who enjoy the same things that I do!

Anway on to a few more of the items I have made this past weekend. Here is a 3D Project that I really enjoyed making. It is a card holder, that will take about 3 cards with envelopes. It would make a great gift for someone (or maybe I might make it a lucky door prize at one of my monthly stamp classes! ~ waving at those who attend my classes and get excited to win one of these gifts).

I just love this new Designer Series Paper - Cottage Wall that is available for only $16.95 (in the current Autumn/Winter Mini) and has 12 sheets of 12" x 12" paper, 2 ea. of 6 double-sided designs.
My Flower Embelishment

We also had another colour challenge - to use a purple, pink, blue and neutral colour - I chose Rich Razzleberry (new In Colour), Orchid Opulence, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla. We also had to give a distressed look to our project and so this is what I created...



As you can see I have also been enjoying playing with the Vintage Vogue stamp set which is also a new one from our Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue ($40.95 wood mounted or $30.95 clear mount stamps) and it is also one of Shelli's Signature Collection (Shelli Gardner, SU Cofounder and CEO).

A feature technique used in the card above was the Emboss Resist Technique, if you would like to know how to do this technique consider booking a workshop in your home with your friends, and I can come along and show you how to do this! (that is if you live in Tasmania, preferably the South but other areas can be considered).

I must admit this is hard to say but I think I am getting burnt out with my crafting and computer efforts this weekend and need to go have a change of scenery and activities! So I will have to find time later to post other things that I made over this past weekend. So don't forget to pop back in again sometime and feel free to leave a comment if you wish.

If you would like to be a part of this great stamping family called Stampin' Up! then it is a great time to join as SU have just announced a great deal on their Starter Kit - a further 20% OFF! Click HERE for more details.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails