Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My first UStamp Project

I finally found some time to make my first project from the latest UStamp with Dawn & Friends site focussing on the Big Shot! This project was based on one created by Natasha Zandbergen, who used the Square Scallop Die, which we don't currently have in Australia, so I swapped that die and used the Top Note Die. I was pretty pleased with how my first attempt turned out, although I did make a mistake which I then had to fix to allow me to close the journal. I had attached my ribbon to both sides of the journal covers (which work if you want to tie it together that way) but I wanted my ribbon to run around the journal and loop up at the front - which meant I should have attached both pieces of my ribbon to the back cover of my journal only! Oh well, often your mistakes become a redeeming feature of the project at hand, what do you think? I ended up attaching a second piece of ribbon around the journal from top to bottom, attaching it at the back with sticky strip, and then closing it at the front with small pieces of velcro.

Anway here it is, I hope you like it!



Stamps: Whimsical Words
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories: Chipboard, Big Shot Machine, Top Note Die, Crop-a-dile, Paper Cutter, Scoring Tool, Curly Label Punch, Hodgepodge Hardware (Antique Brass), Adhesive

I have some more projects on my 'to do' list from this site, so feel free to drop back sometime and see if I managed to get them made! If you would like to join in and make some of these projects too then click here to join.

2 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

This is gorgeous Mae!

bronheslop said...

Mae, I love it! I too wondered how I was going to get around not having the square scallop die.... thank you for the fabulous idea. Go the Aussie ingenuity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails