Monday, June 28, 2010

Another JAI submission

My friend and I are throwing a baby shower this coming Sunday for a friend's daughter who is having her first baby (a boy they believe!) and so I wanted to make a unique card to go with the collection of useful baby items that my family are giving to her. I thought I would like to make a card in the shape of overalls and as I am not always good with drawing freehand patterns, I browsed the web to see if I could find and easy one to use. The web is a great resource when you are stuck for ideas or inspiration and I found the template I wanted here on Deneen's blog.

Of course, these overalls were to be made from my favourite SU! product at this moment, that being Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP and this would also fit along the them of this week's Just Add Ink challenge 'Just Add ... Patterned Paper'.

So here is the card I made, isn't it cute!

Stamps: Fox & Friends
Inks: Blue Bayou
Cardstock: Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP, Whisper White (for the turtle)
Accessories: Rich Regal Buttons, sponge daubers, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker

Again, you can see I did very little stamping! On the inside of the card I am going to stick a small piece of Whisper White cardstock with edges sponged in Blue Bayou ink for us to write a short message on.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave a comment should you feel inclined as I love to hear what response you have to what you see here on my blog.

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is VERY cute! Love the little pockets, and the addition of the turtle to the front. Sweet!

Gemma said...

Love the overalls Mae - they are so cute!!

Jodene said...

OMGosh, that is so adorable Mae!!

Robyn said...

I love the little overalls too Mae! Great work and TFS!

Gayatri said...

Sooooo cute! Love it!

Danielle Daws said...

Ooooh! This is adorable! Love it! Thanks for the link to the template too!

Tania M. Gould said...

Awww so cute!!!!!! Good idea for your baby shower!

Amanda said...

Mae, this is so gorgeous. What a special gift. Thanks for playing @ Just Add Ink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails