Monday, June 21, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #22

Well it is time for another Just Add Ink Colour Challenge (or more specifically it is nearing the end of the time to enter the challenge) so pop on over to their blog and check out the other great creations and find inspiration to enter before it closes late Wednesday evening, 23 June!

I really liked the colour combination this week, which was inspired by the talented Bronwyn Eastley, it was...

Regular visitors to my blog would know that I like creating One Sheet Wonders, where you use a piece of Designer Series Paper or create your own with various stamps and colours, and then use this as the feature piece on a group of cards. Thus making a quick and easy set of coordinated cards in which to build up your personal supply or to box up and give as a gift to someone special.

Well, the colour combination inspired me to stamp up a piece of Whisper White cardstock (I used half an A4 size piece) with the colours above using the stamp sets - Simply Said and Seeing Spots. At first I was not sure whether to use the stamped piece as my card base and then simply embelish it and add a greeting or whether to cut it up, mount pieces and use these on several cards. In the end I decided to cut up one piece and use it on my card front as a feature panel, which means I have more left to use on several other cards.

So here is my stamped sheet of Whisper White cardstock using the colours above:


As you can see you do not need any particular skill to stamp like this, just random works well. Although I do try to cover most of the blank spaces as this can eliminate any gaps when it is cut up to use on your cards.

I decided to use one of the stamp sets currently on offer as part of our 'Deals of the Week' - All Scallops stamp set (regular price $55.95, sale price $27.98) which coordinates with the Scallop Edge Punch and made a nice border at the base of my card panel on Tempting Turquoise cardstock. Keeping with the theme of using current promotional stamps, I used another in this week's specials to stamp the 'thank you' greeting - Enjoy Every Moment stamp set (regular price $53.95, sale price $26.98).

And here is my completed card:

Close-up of my stamped scallop edge:

The greeting element is the part of my card that I do not like, why I am not sure. But I don't like the way I have done it, including the use of a turqouise rhinestone brad. I inked the edge of the Whisper White punched oval (using the Large Oval Punch) with Kiwi Kiss and then mounted this on Tempting Turquoise cardstock punched out using the Scallop Oval Punch. I felt this was lost on the randomly stamped background so I mounted it on to another oval in Kiwi Kiss cardstock using the Wide Oval Punch and raised it off the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I am not sure but I don't like this element of my card, the rest I am happy with!

What do you think? Any suggestions on how this card could have been made better in terms of the greeting element?

Don't forget today is the last chance to take advantage of the 'Deals of the Week' special on a select few stamp sets - check out my post here for more details!

10 comments:

Christine Blain said...

What a beautiful, happy, card Mae! I LOVE the turquoise rhinestone brad with the sentiment; that's the part of the card that first caught my eye.

Leah said...

Wow you made the tricky colours look fantastic.

delysc said...

Gorgeous one sheet wonder card Mae!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The one sheet wonder idea looks like fun! A bright and cheery card!

inkeverywhere said...

I love one sheet wonders too. Great idea for this colour combo. Chantell

Amanda said...

Love one sheet wonders! Your card is so bright and pretty. Thanks for playing.

Kris said...

Love your home-made DSP ;)))

nadine said...

This is really cool! I love the back ground and how you've put it all together is awesome. Love how you've done the ribbon.

Danielle Daws said...

Fantastic DSP! I love the ribbon too. :-)

Claire said...

That's so pretty Mae - love the detail at the bottom of the card :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails