Sunday, June 27, 2010

No stamping, well almost!

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is to "Just Add ... Patterned Paper", and so this was right up my alley as I just LOVE using Designer Series Paper (DSP)! I love the way the packs of Stampin' Up! DSP all coordinate together and so often there is no need to use much else as it is so beautiful on its own and so versatile.

I have a stamp class this coming Friday and as my participants know there is always a 'Lucky Door Prize' and so I thought I would make a small box of thank you cards to give away this week. One of the 'Deals of the Week' for June was for DSP and of course I just had to buy some at the lovely discounted price! One of the ones I bought was Sweet Slumber Specialty and this pack is printed on textured, cover-weight cardstock which is ideal for making boxes and gift packaging. As lots of SU! products coordinate with each other it is easy to make a lovely matching gift set.


I used Ruby Red cardstock for my box base and a piece of Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP for the box cover. I then used matching pieces of the DSP, run through my Big Shot (which I just love using!) with the Bigz™ Top Note die and cut these in half to place on my card fronts. I decorated the front with some Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon (which matches well with the Ruby Red) and a greeting - which was the only stamping that I did!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Ruby Red, Basic Black
Cardstock: Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note dies, Curly Label punch, Word Window punch, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, ruler, Gift Cards & Mini Envelopes, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive


The boxed set includes 4 Thank You cards with envelopes. If you want to have a go at making this set too, consider booking your own workshop with me and have some creative fun with your friends.

I am sure whoever wins the lucky door prize will find these very useful and I definately enjoyed making these and entering another one of the JAI challenges! Pop on over and join in the fun or see what other great inspiration you can find.

Don't forget the that Wednesday is the last day to contact me for the last of June's 'Deals of the Week', click on the Special Offers link at the top of my blog for more details.

Have a lovely Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

These are gorgeous Mae! One of my favourite DSPs at the moment too! :-)

alittlelessuseless said...

wow gorgeous. lovely set and looks great in that DSP

Christine Blain said...

Lovely idea, Mae.

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful gift Mae, like how you have used the DSP.

Leigh said...

Lovely set of cards and matching box Mae.

Patrice said...

Whoever wins this is going to be a lucky lady. Gorgeous set Mae!

Jodene said...

This is a gorgeous set of cards Mae!

Anonymous said...

Wow Mae, these are "gorjus" cards. Love, love, love the box they come in. I soooooo wish I was the winner of the lucky door prize! LOL Bit hard seeing I'm Live in Melbourne. Will have to CASE your ace idea. TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit

Amanda said...

Delightful! They are all stunning. Thanks for playing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails