Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy 18th Birthday, Adam!

Today my nephew Adam is celebrating his 18th birthday and as usual I am late getting his card in the post! However, before I do I am posting it here to share with you all and to get it into the latest Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

When I saw the sketch and knowing that I had an 18th birthday card to create I came up with this design in my head, although I wasn't sure how I was going to pull it together. In particular, the lighthouse beam shining on to the number 18. It hasn't come out exactly how I imagined but then I am no Zindorf (the lovely Michelle Zindorf creates some beautiful cards with a brayer and embossing). Also when I put it together I realised I should have probably coloured the cliff to the edge of the oval (but I didn't realise this until after the fact) and also the coloured sky that I brayered should have been darker as it is not dark enough in relation to the lighthouse beam.

However, overall I am reasonably happy with my card and it has the elements that I was trying to achieve. What do you think?


I will pop back in later to edit this post with the SU! items I used to create my card. So thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment as you may be able to help me create a better effect next time, if I try to recreate this card again.

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I think you did great Mae! Isn't it funny how we are our own worst critic - I'm sure your nephew will love his card (as much as a boy can take interest in hand-made lol).

Tania M. Gould said...

I agree with Patrice - I'm sure he appreciated it as much as a "boy/man" does! Sorry I didnt see your comment on my Ning page til now and even tho I've been to ur blog I did somehow miss seeing this card...but I love it. Love the colours - not too bright and not too subtle. Perfect use of the old precious Parisian! and I think ur water looks so realistic AND I love your scene-set-up - the shell etc! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing with me!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails