Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just Add Ink #24 - Sketch Challenge!

As you might have gathered from my earlier post I have been selected to join the lovely ladies on the Just Add Ink Design Team. Every fortnight I will be providing a design for that week's challenge - my first as a DT member is next week, so pop back next Friday to see what it is - and on the alternate fortnights when I am not designing I can join in the challenge, but alas can not be voted in the Top 5 picks.

So here is my entry for this week's sketch challenge (my non-designing week):


Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Blue Bayou (stamping off technique)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I used the "Stamping Off Technique" where you ink up your image, stamp it and DO NOT reink your image but simply stamp it repeatedly for your desired effect. This technique gives multi shades of the one colour without additional financial cost of buying more ink pads. It is also a great and simple way to add depth to your image.

I remained true to the simplicity of this sketch challenge, although it took me a bit accept the large "white space" at the top of my card. I did sponge the edge of the Whisper White cardstock with Blue Bayou ink as I found it too stark because of its simplicity.

I selected the 'miss you so much' greeting from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments as I felt it went well with the starkness of this card. Those we miss usually add colour and vitality to our lives and that is why we miss them so much and what this card reflects (at least I think so)! What do you think?

Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see how the other Design Team members have interpreted this sketch. You might even feel inspired to join in the challenge yourself, go on you know you want to!

9 comments:

alittlelessuseless said...

Gorgeous as ever Mae! Love that tree! :)

Jodene said...

This is so soft and pretty Mae! I love this set but for some reason I've only used it once! You have inspired me to dig it out again :)

Amanda said...

Very clever Mae, love this - so pretty. xx

stampingelegance said...

Mae - Your card matches your blog theme perfectly! So elegant!
I love the stamping off method and it really suits this stamp! Beautiful!
Jan

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....this is a good card to make at my Christmas card stamp camp, with a different sentiment, of course!!!

KimB said...

Hi Mae,

love how you stamped off the tree to make a grove, creates a lovely whistful atmosphere partnered with the senitment.

Kim

Danielle Daws said...

Love it, Mae! How I miss Blue Bayou!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Gorgeous stamp and it looks great in the colours that you chose.

Jo said...

This is lovely Mae, so soft & pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails