Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life is busy!!

Life is busy for me at the moment as I have been working in a '9 to 5' casual job for the last week and the next coming weeks! I was meant to be only working 3 days/week but last week I worked the five! Mainly because DH was on days off on three of those days and I could therefore be free to work and they asked me to work the extra hours, but it was busy with many other commitments in there as well.

Anway, it looks like it might only be weekly posts from me for the next few weeks as I have been too exhausted (or still busy) in the evenings to update my blog. So here is this week's post!

Over at Just Add Ink this week it is a sketch challenge and here is my Design Team entry...


I really like this card but I was trying to come up with something a bit more original for my entry and so then I created the next card, using the technique of 'masking' and of course using my much needed Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the images just right! I needed to mask off one side of the window, to create the effect of a four-panel window in between the shutters (as the stamp only has two-window panes), and I then coloured them with my sadly neglected Stampin' Pastels.


I clear embossed the windows to make them more realistic, but in my haste to photograph them for JAI and before I got busy working, you can see the liquid ran as I had not allowed enough time for it to set. Look at the close up below and you can see the drip, to the right of the little girl, where it was starting to run! Next time I will wait for it to dry!


Why don't you pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what the other Design Team members have created and join in the fun for yourself!

Thanks again for stopping by and I am sorry for my delay in updating my. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know which design above is your favourite, I am still not sure which one I prefer!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

They are both gorgeous Mae! I really like the first one because it is such a cute version of the sketch...and I really like the second one because it is such a creative version of the sketch! Sorry! I can't decide which I prefer either! Great design team work !

Danielle Daws said...

Love them both! Hope you get some time to yourself soon!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Both cards definitely have the cute factor!! Sounds like life is busy for you at tax time. Count your blessings you work in an office and not back in the Ed. Dept. or you would never have the energy to blog at all.

Sharnee Torrents said...

I love the monkey's and that awesome polka dot paper!! Super card Mae!!
Well done!
SMiles SHARnee :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails