Sunday, July 11, 2010

What's your favourite adhesive to use and why?

Over at Just Add Ink not only are there weekly challenges but some times the Design Team get asked questions about their craft and the responses are often posted under a section called 'While the Glue is Drying'. Recently the Design Team members were asked 'What's your favourite adhesive to use and why?

Here was my answer...

This depends on what I am making. For basic cards I can't go past my SNAIL Adhesive, even though it sounds slow, it is actually quick and easy to use. Being acid free it is also safe to use for my scrapbooking (when I get back to that)! When I am making 3D projects like boxes for my cards, bag-a-lopes, a box in a bag etc, I can't go past SU!'s Sticky Strip. As the name suggests it is very sticky and once applied to your project it is set, to try and remove it would be a disaster to your project so care must be taken when applying it.

The other SU! item I couldn't be without and some may argue it is not an adhesive but a clear lacquer and that is their Crystal Effects. I use it on my projects to not only give a glossy finish to areas but also to stick buttons and flowers (heavier type embelishments) on to my items and I have been known to use it on occasions to stick my stamps back together when the rubber has come away from the wooden block. It is versatile in that you can make it coloured by adding a few drops of re-inker colour or sparkly by adding Dazzling Diamonds. So I can't say which is my favourite as I like these three for different purposes!

Why not pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what the other Design Team members had to say and feel free to leave a comment here telling me about your favourite adhesive to use and why.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails