Thursday, August 5, 2010

Helping Hudson - Challenge No. 2 - Colour

Here is my second challenge - a colour one, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and Not Quite Navy - from the 'Helping Hudson' blogsite.

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks (about to be retired from the SU catalogue!)
Inks: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Not Quite Navy
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Sponge Daubers

This card was a CASE of one of my own cards from when I had just started as a demonstrator with Stampin' Up! as this stamp set came as part of my Starter Kit. Although the colours are different and I didn't have the small square piece of cardstock in the middle of the flowers. I had inked the edges of the four square panels but I felt the centre area was still too stark so I punched out a small square of Not Quite Navy and placed it as a diamond shape in the centre, I think it made the feature panel myself. What do you think?

3 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Oh Mae, this card is just gorgeous.

Patrice said...

I love this and am a big fan of the colours you have used here.

Tina said...

I love the simple, but very effective design. The Navy 'diamond' works to add that little extra to the card. Thanks for supporting the Helping Hudson fundraiser.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails