Thursday, August 5, 2010

Helping Hudson - Challenge No. 3 - Technique

The third challenge for this week over on the 'Helping Hudson' blog is a technique challenge using the 'Rock and Roll' technique! This is a fun technique to do (although it does challenge your basic art knowledge at times!).

To do this technique you will need 2 ink pads - one light colour and one dark colour. I used More Mustard and Brocade Blue (which is where it can test your art knowledge, as mixing yellow and blue turns the colour to green!). Firstly ink your stamp with the lighter colour. A solid stamp works best. Then ink just the edges of the stamp with the darker colour by gently rocking and rolling the edge around the inkpad. Huff lightly on the inked stamp, and apply to your card stock. Easy!

Here is my creation (again a CASE of one of my earlier cards, but using different colours and oriented a different way)...

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Inks: More Mustard, Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Piercing Template (from SU! Mat Pack), Paper Piercer (a tool that is coming in the next catty!)

I enjoyed doing these challenges, although it was late last night and now my craft desk is a mess! I am blogging these entries amidst that mess, which I will have to tidy up later today if I want to create some more things as it is beginning to clog my stamping mojo!

Pop on over to the 'Helping Hudson' blog and join in the fun and help a good cause. Have a great day and don't forget to leave a comment as I love to hear from those who stop by and visit me here on my blog.

3 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

This is lovely, you did a really nice job of it. TFS

Patrice said...

Lovely card Mae, love your colour choices.

Tania M. Gould said...

Oh how I love Baroque Motifs! This is really stunning Mae! Love the colours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails