Thursday, August 5, 2010

Helping Hudson - Sketch Challenge No. 1

As you may have noticed from an earlier post I am taking part, along with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators, in support of a cause to Help Hudson get his 'wheels' - his family need to raise funds to purchase a KidWalker to get him mobile. Check out the 'Helping Hudson' blog, where you will see all the details about what is happening, including the chance to win some great SU prizes and to join in some fun challenges!

So I am about to post my first three entries for the first week's challenges...here is the first one, it was a 'sketch challenge'.


Stamps: Wild About You
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Ballet Blue
Accessories: Crimper, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

And here is the sketch we were given:

I am not always good at coordinating colours so I used SU!'s Color Coach to help me. I wanted Pumpkin Pie as the main colour for my 'mummy' giraffe and then used the Color Coach to give me the 'coordinating' (More Mustard) and 'complementary' (Ballet Blue) colours.

I had fun making this card, although I had to make it bigger than my standard card size to fit the giraffe element on to the card front. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the 'Helping Hudson' blog to join in the fun and challenges there, and also the opportunity to support a little boy by buying some great tutorials put together by other SU! demonstrators.

3 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Very, very cute Mae, love the little giraffes.

Patrice said...

Love the crimping piece you've stamped your sentiment on!

Genna said...

Gorgeous Mae - what a cute idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails