Friday, August 20, 2010

More sneak peaks and a colour challenge!

Not long now until the release of Stampin' Up!'s new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalogue! Just to help build up the excitement I am currently making items using products to be released in the new catty and providing you with sneak peaks here on my blog.

Today is no exception with my latest entry as a Design Team member for Just Add Ink where we have a great colour challenge for you.


In the new catalogue the colour Kraft is being rebranded to 'Crumb Cake', so if it is a favourite colour of yours to use, don't worry it will still be there just called a different name!

I actually made two cards for this week's colour challenge because I wasn't completely happy with my first one. Here is my first card created...


I can't really say what I didn't like about it just that I thought I had better try another one! What do you think?

I have been enjoying using some of the items that are coming out in the new catalogue and here you can see I have used the new stamp set 'Friends Never Fade' and the new embossing folder 'Vintage Wallpaper'. So sticking with the embossing folder and of course the colours here is the second card that I created (which you will see as my entry on the Just Add Ink site).


At first I had a distressed flower (which I don't think I made very well) attached where the embossed heart is but it didn't look quite right and my husband suggested I take it off and put something else there. Well I then embossed both a heart and a butterfly to see what looked better and I went with the heart, as you can see!

Maybe the reason I had some trouble with this was because of the Real Red in the colour combo as it isn't a colour that I use very much. But, I do love to use Chocolate Chip and Kraft (Crumb Cake) together!

Anyway I need to go off now and finish my swaps for Regionals (which I will post a sneak peak here when finished) but don't forget to hop on over to Just Add Ink to see the gorgeous creations of the other Design Team members. Get some inspiration and then join in the challenge fun yourself.

2 comments:

alittlelessuseless said...

Love all the embossing on your cards this week. It looks fabulous. :)
Gardenia

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Well, I love both! The second one oozes elegance and the first one makes me want to get that set I didn't think I needed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails