Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sneak Peak and another Helping Hudson Challenge

This photo is a sneak peak at items from the soon to be released Stampin' Up! 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalogue (released 1 September). It is also my latest entry in to one of the Colour Challenges to be found on the Helping Hudson blog - the clours were Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip!

I have been itching all week (well almost all week, my preorder arrived Monday afternoon!) to get the opportunity to put ink to some new stamps sets and in particular to try out my new embossing folder to be used with the Big Shot. This embossed pattern is so thick that I don't think I needed to sandwich it between the two cutting mats, I will have to experiment with it again, as it almost cut through my So Saffron cardstock!


I still had my workshop items in my car after last night's stamp workshop (hi ladies!) and could not be bothered to go out and get them - so I had to be creative in the use of Chocolate Chip as my large ink pad was there as well as my Stampin' Spots! For this card I inked my stamp with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and also used it to ink a sponge for the edges and to run over the embossed pattern along with Baja Breeze, which I did direct from ink pad (yes that one was still on my craft desk!).

Here is a full frontal view of my completed card, I was pleased with the results and can see myself using this embossing folder and stamp set time and time again!

Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Inks: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Latte Buttons, Twine, Ticket Corner Punch, Sponge, Stampin' Dimensions, Sticky Dots, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Now that I have had my 'stamping fix' and have used some of the items I received in my preorder, I can now have a few days break from my blog and craft desk, and enjoy a weekend away with my husband at Freycinet Lodge on the East Coast of Tasmania. A well deserved break for the both of us!

Thanks for stopping by and I will post something new next week! In the meantime, don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog tomorrow (Friday) to see what this week's challenge is or why not even pop on over to the Helping Hudson blog and join in the fun and challenges that can be found there!

Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Just lovely, Mae. I love the extra colour on the embossed background. Can't wait to ink up that set.

Jo said...

Mae, this is simply gorgeous. I'm kicking myself that I held off ordered any stamps from the sneak peek. I'm almost to the point of putting in another order so I can get them, lol!

Jodene said...

This is a stunning card Mae! I love how deeply etched that embossing folder is, just gorgeous!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Mae. My goodies are taking so long to arrive!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

That's really gorgeous Mae, I have that stamp set and embossing folder too, and I love what you've done with them! Can't wait to have a play.

Amanda said...

Wow! WOW!!! I feel a case coming on .... this is so beautiful Mae, love how you've highlighted the embossed image ... everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails