Friday, September 3, 2010

Just Add Ink #33 - A Sketch Challenge!

Over at Just Add Ink this week we have a sketch challenge for you. I like doing sketch challenges as they give me a direction to go when I have lost my mojo or am stuck for an idea.


I had a colour combo of Pretty in Pink and Basic Grey in my head to start with and so with the sketch I was all set to go and of course I had to use one of the new stamp sets - - which I have been playing with lately. I decided to make my own background DSP and for this I needed to use my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig but as you can see I need more practice with it when using the clear mount stamp, which is what I have this set in. I think my stamps moved a little on the clear mount block when I was aligning the images up. Gives me an excuse to make this card again to try for perfection as I was really happy with the overall design, although the flourishes did not align straight!
Hop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other fabulous creations the other Design Team members have to share with you and then have a go at the sketch challenge for yourself.

Anyway I need to run now and clean my house and set up for my new catalogue launch, first one is scheduled for this morning at 10 am - 1 pm and the second tonight at 7 pm - 10 pm and then tomorrow morning it is off early to Launceston to get together with other great Tassie demonstrators at Regionals. Looking forward to meeting a couple of the Just Add Ink Design Team members in person and not just online - see you tomorrow Bronwyn and Tania!

If you would like to join the Stampin' Up! family and become a demonstrator there is a fabulous offer on at the moment with the new In Colours - click on my Special Offers link above or the link on the left 'What type of Demonstrator would you be...' to get more information or contact me if you have any questions.

I had better run now, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment as I love to hear from my blog visitors!

3 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Looove that background Mae ....a simple and stunning card ... I love it!!!
Look forward to seeing more of your creations in this design!!!

Melissa said...

I love how you have used this stmap set for a wedding card, a great idea.

Peachy Wessels said...

This looks like a fun sketch to try. I have recently been experimenting with making my own DP, we have so many beautiful stamps to choose from, and even though I have a lot of pattern paper, it never seems to be just the right pattern or color that I need. So, creating my own is a fun and creative option.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails