Saturday, October 9, 2010

Family Reunion

My family (the Huisman side) is having a reunion in November to celebrate my father's 75th birthday and just to be able to get together as a whole family which doesn't happen very often - there is atleast 34 of us (if you don't count my two cousins and their families if they are able to come)! We are spread not only across Tasmania, from the North West Coast to the South, but also over on the mainland in Victoria. As a momento of the occasion my father asked me to make some invitations (which I have yet to post to everyone!) but am going to share a preview here on my blog as I haven't shared anything craft wise for a little while now.

I finally got around to putting ink to my All in the Family stamp set and making replica's of each family on their invitation. Here is a group shot of the invitations...


And here are a couple of individual cards depicting a couple of the families. I wonder if anyone who knows my family recognises this first group?


And another one, but this family is missing one person who will receive their own individual family card as they are now their own family unit having recently gotten married!


For those of my family who visit my blog I promise to get these in the post this week!

This project not only required patience but also my handy Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the heads and limbs with the bodies etc. A thank you to my friend Jody-ann for spurring me on with getting these together as I had the idea in my head but hadn't actually gotten around to completing the task, thanks!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Vikki Jo said...

Awesome Mae! I love how in 'personalized' each card for everyone! Lot's of work and beautifully done!
Tell your dad Happy Birthday!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These are a work of art and 'patience' with the trusty stamp-a-ma-jig! Awesome invites. Hope your dad has a wonderful 75th! My dad would turn 75 next year if he was still walking this Earth!

Patrice said...

Wow Mae, gorgeous! I love the way you have individualised each card - makes it that much more special. Must have taken you a very long time :o) so worth it though!

I look forward to hearing about the 75th/reunion in November.

Jo said...

Mae, these are simply fabulous. What a great idea to individualise for each family. I bet they were loved by all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails