Friday, October 15, 2010

JAI#39

Last week we had a challenged for Breast Cancer Awareness and this week it is something that is just as important beyondblue - a national initiative to provide information and referral to services for depression and anxiety related matters. I think most people at sometime in their life suffers some sort of depression or anxiety and it is the support and encouragement of those around them that often make all the difference.

Therefore, when you join in this week's Just Add Ink challenge to 'Just Add...Blue' think of someone that you can perform a RAK for with your entry. RAK stands for 'random act of kindness' and sending your card on to someone just to let them know you are thinking about them or better still pop in to visit them and give it to them personally. We need to stop sometimes in our busy lives and just spend some time with those who mean something to us or to even share a smile with a stranger can have an impact on their lives!

I was given a 'Positively Pooh' book once and I love some of the little sayings in there: 'doing nothing with your friends is the best thing in the world', 'try singing to warm your soul' and 'there's always someone who can help'.

Here is my entry for this week's challenge and it sure cheered me up making it and I will send my card on to someone so they know that someone is thinking of them.


Don't you just love those owls! Our new Owl Punch is so cute and easy to use, here is a close-up...


I hope you have found some cheer today by visiting my blog and don't forget to join in this week's challenge at Just Add Ink and let someone else know that you are thinking of them. Have a lovely day everyone and keep smiling!

8 comments:

Patrice said...

I love your cutie little owls Mae.

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous card Mae!

The statistics are actually closer to 1 in 5 people, or 20%, who will suffer with depression or another mental illness.

:-)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I think these little guys are too cute for words! This card brings a smile to my face!

Melissa said...

lovely card Mae, and those owls are ever so cute.

Debgem said...

Such lovely owls - so wise!!

alittlelessuseless said...

what can I say? those owls are so gorgeous, as is your card. Love their little DSP bellies

KimB said...

Hi Mae,
how cute and fun are these guys! I like how you linked the branches together and those little red hearts - great idea :)
Kim

Jo said...

So totally cute Mae. Love their little red hearts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails