Friday, November 12, 2010

JAI#43 - Just Add Christmas!

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is to 'Just Add Christmas!'. I know it is getting close now and I am not organised or even on the way to being organised for Christmas --- only 43 days to go, but whose counting!

My design this week includes the beautiful, touchy/feely (such a word?) flocked DSP sheet that came in the Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP pack -- this is still available in the Christmas Gift-Giving Bundle -- so check out my earlier posting on this Dress Up Christmas special which is available until 30 November.

After I made my card I realised it also coordinated with a little 'pre-Christmas' gift I gave to all those who attended my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack sessions last Friday and so I thought I would include it in my pictures as Christmas is a time of gift-giving as well as all the Christmas cards we give and receive. Not too much red in my design?

I could have also added a 'red' dot to Dasher's nose to make him into Rudolph or would that have been too much?

Stamps: Dasher, Perfect Punches, Occasional Quotes (Level 3 Hostess Set)
Cardstock/Paper: Real Red, Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP, Whisper White
Inks: Early Espresso, Real Red, Soft Suede
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Creative Memories Circle Cutters, Pillow Box Bigz Die, White 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Antique Brads (love these!), Basic Rhinestones, Photo Corners Extra Large Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, adhesives

I just love the Antique Brads and thought they complemented the flocked DSP piece that I selected and I also wanted to play with the effect of where they pinch the beautiful satin ribbon - such a simple technique but a lovely look I think.


Usually I don't do anything in the centre of my cards but this time I thought that I might, especially as I used Real Red for my card base rather than the Whisper White, Very Vanilla or Crumb Cake that I tend to use. I layered a piece of Whisper White on the inside and stamped the edges with the decorative 'antlers' from the Dasher stamp. To let you in on a little secret, when I stamped the top 'antlers' I actually managed to get a bit of Dasher's nose on my white cardstock, so to cover my 'mistake' I used some photo corners punched out in Real Red on the top section.

I then stamped a beautiful little quote from the Level 3 Hostess Set - Occasional Quotes - to finish off the card.


I hope you find the time to play with the challenge this week on Just Add Ink and get some inspiration leading up to Christmas.

Have an awesome weekend and find time to smile and enjoy the company of others or some quiet time for yourself if that is what you need!

7 comments:

Tania M. Gould said...

Mae, you have absolutely excelled this week! This is so gorgeous! Love it all (and no, I'd leave Rudolph's nose off and keep it as elegant as it is!) - really really elegant. Love the pillow box. And your photography is beautiful as well!

Christine Blain said...

Really beautiful, Mae. It's not possible to have too much red! LOL. Your card is stunning.

Melissa said...

a gorgeous gorgeous set!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These projects are simply gorgeous! It made me get out that DSP and get all inspired to do something with it.

KimB said...

It looks gorgeous and so touchy feelly with the flocked paper - and trust me there's not too much red :) Love the ornate vintage look!

Vikki Jo said...

Oh Mae this set is stunning!!

Patrice said...

Gorgeous set Mae. Really really lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails