Friday, November 26, 2010

JAI#45 Sketch Challenge...

It's a sketch challenge for this week over at Just Add Ink, and this is the sketch we had to play with:


This week the Baja Breezers are designing and that includes me, so here is my entry:

Stamps: Something Sweet
Cardstock/Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and a piece off DSP that was in my 'scrap pieces' (not sure of the DSP pack name sorry!)
Inks: Cherry Cobbler (a favourite of mine at the moment!), Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cups, Stampin' Dimensionals, Round Tab Punch, Skittles lollies

As I had a day out of action this week due to my vertigo flaring up I needed to get as many items crossed off my 'To Do List' as possible and so I combined a birthday card for my nephew Damian, who is turning 3, with this week's sketch challenge -- so two things done in one go! Now onto the many other items on the list!

Above is a close-up of how I made a slider to cover the hole so Damian could get to the lollies easier and without destroying the card!

Below is a shot taken of the inside of the card...


I had fun getting out this stamp set again and using another of my Sweet Treat Cups, I can't believe I haven't used them all yet. I hope Damian enjoys his card and his sweets!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog for some more inspiration from the other wonderful creations put together by the very talented Design Team and then join in the fun by submitting your own creation!

Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Lovely card Mae, Damian is going to love it!

Tania M. Gould said...

The sweet treat cups don't usually do much for me but Mae, this card is truly stunning! I LOVE the idea of that slider - how come I have never thought of doing that yet! And the little hole to get the lollies in! WOW Mae - definitly gonna CASE! I also love the few lollies printed on the front....WOW again!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I just love that stamp set and you've done a very cool card with it. I'm sure it will be a big hit with Damian.

KimB said...

Perfect for a Mr 3 - just as well you made the slider as he will surely gobble those lollies up ;) So fun!

Anonymous said...

Yes Damo did love his card, I am a mean mummy and he has not eaten them all yet, although he did share some with one of his sisters.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails