Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hi, and welcome to the Just Add Ink Swap (Blog) Hop!

Photobucket

The Just Add Ink Design Team members recently had our own team swap where we all made multiple cards or 3-D items to swap with the rest of the group---we wanted to share our talents and to have something made by each of us for inspiration and enjoyment---so we ended up with a copy of everyone's design. The excitement over the swaps then led on to a discussion about having a blog hop to share with you all what we all made.

What is a blog hop you say (for those new to this concept)? It is where you hop from one blog to another following the links. There are 14 stops in total---the Just Add Ink site plus our 13 Design Team members---the hop is set in a loop, so it doesn't matter where you start or finish. All you need to do to follow along is click the "swap hop" button at the end of each post and you'll be taken to the next stop!

Chances are you’ve come here from the very talented Paula Dobson's blog or perhaps you’ve just popped in on the off chance that there is something new to see.

Either way, it’s great to have you here :)

Now let’s get started shall we…?!

The card I made for each of the DT members has already been shown on my blog previously but here it is again for visitors who have not seen it before...it is a Z-fold card...but slightly different to other designs by this same name!

Stamps: Friends Never Fade
Cardstock/Paper: Greenhouse Gala DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals


What I like about making these cards, beside the fact that it is a different card style, is that you can very quickly make two cards from one sheet of A4 cardstock without wastage! If you would like to know how to make these cards check out my earlier step-by-step tutorial post by clicking here!

To continue on the swap tour, just click the image below and keep on hoppin’! Next up is the Just Add Ink site where it starts and from there on to Danielle's blog

Photobucket

Enjoy!

18 comments:

inkeverywhere said...

This are fantastic - and such a great way to show of the beautiful DSP's. Love seeing to 2 x colours together. Chantell

alittlelessuseless said...

These are sooo cute Mae

I love how they fold up so small but are really so big...would be great to stick a photo or two in for Christmas cards.

bronheslop said...

What a simple, effective card, Mae. I love that you included the tutorial too. Thank you so much for sharing this - I think it rocks.

Tania M. Gould said...

These cards are SO cool! Such a fantastic "different" card! It was so nice to see something other than the "normal" style of card in our hop!

Amanda said...

Hi Mae,
I love your creation to bits, such a fun design and amazing bright colours teamed together.

Patrice said...

I liked your swap cards so much Mae that I immediately checked out your tutorial and made a couple of Christmas Z fold cards - yet to post to the blog though lol.

Love your bright happy colour combo, I received the pumpkin pie card and out of the two it is my fave so how lucky am I!

*Spring Blossom* said...

I just adore this stamp set and matching DSP. I don't think I've ever seen a z fold card before, it looks very effective :)

Brenda Hugar said...

Great card and I love the folds. TFS

Richelle said...

These look so effective!

Paula said...

I received the Daffodil Delight card and was thrilled with mine! Love cards that are unusual in shape, so this really tickled me - THNAKS Mae!!

Keryn Campbell said...

Mae thanks so much for the tutorial. What a quick and easy non traditional shaped card.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I've bookmarked the tutorial and am anxious to give this one a try!! Thanks for a different idea. Loved the one I received.

delysc said...

I loved this too Mae and its definately one Im going to case!

Jodene said...

I just loved this card Mae! The unusual design is gorgeous and I loved the papers and stamp set you chose too.

KimB said...

Ooh and again ohhh - so different, intriguing and totally wonderful. What a great idea - done in such lovely warm colours - yummy!
Kim

Jo said...

Great card Mae, I've never seen a Z fold before so it was super cool to recieve one in the swap. Greenhouse Gala is one of my favourite DSP and I really love the colour combo I received. Thank you.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

It's always fun to find some new "shaped" cards to try! TFS. xxaxx

Genelle Little said...

Very pretty, Mae! Thanks so much for the tutorial as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails