Friday, December 10, 2010

JAI#47 - Color Combo!

It's that time of the week again for another Just Add Ink challenge and this one was a nice bright and cheery one! Atleast I thought so, it is a colour combo...


These colours just called out 'children's birthday card' to me and so that is what I created. It also gave me the opportunity to play with some of my new SU! products from the current Summer Mini Catalogue - Builder Wheels and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.

Stamps: Birthday and So Many Stars (new: Builder Wheels)
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray
Cardstock/Paper: Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, YoYo Yellow (I didn't have any Daffodil Delight cardstock, not even one scrap!)
Accessories: Stampin' Around Jumbo Handle and Builder Wheel Spindle/Spacer, Textured Impressions Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Star Extra-Large Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Paper Piercer, Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals


I don't usually put things inside my card, I leave that for the giver of the card, however as I had made my card base from Basic Gray cardstock I thought I would put some cardstock inside for ease of writing on. To let you in on a little secret, on my first attempt at the roller wheel I decided to go free-hand and just rolled my image across the Whisper White cardstock but of course I went crooked. Therefore, I got out my trusty Stampin' Around Wheel Guide and on my second go I was straight! So as not to waste my previous efforts this is the piece that I cut out for the inside of my card - but I simply used the straight section, before I went skewiff!

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I made for this colour combo and some insight into the making of it. Now pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other stunning creations the other DT members have come up with and then have some fun and join in too!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment if you this inspires you in some way.

7 comments:

Jodene said...

This card is adorable Mae! And you could change the number and it would be suitable for any age :)

Tania M. Gould said...

What a fun, bright kids card! Had to laugh reading that you first tried to "free-hand" the wheel! I do that everytime and think to myself "Why don't I just use the Wheel Guide and save myself the pain!"!!! haha

Paula said...

Now I never thought about doing a kids card with these colours, but you are so right - it looks great! So does the builder wheel. You lines looks pretty straight to me, my friend!

delysc said...

ooh yes it inspires me Mae ..and also to pop the builder wheels into my next order! lol
Lovely fun Birthday card Mae!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Someone has been having fun with their new 'wheels'!! Looks awesome!

Karen said...

Looks great can't wait for my wheels to come.

KimB said...

What a great birthday card Mae - love your use of the lattice folder for the background, and you make the builder wheel seem very enticing indeed!!
Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails