Friday, December 31, 2010

JAI#49 - Just Add Summer!!

Another Christmas over and another New Year to look forward to...have you made any New Year's resolutions yet?

Over at Just Add Ink we are finishing off 2010 with a new challenge...to Just Add Summer...and for some of us this past Christmas we may have wondered where that has been! Here in Tasmania our Christmas days were very varied - warm, sunny, windy, cooler - it just hasn't felt like a hot Aussie summer here yet. However, I wanted to get in to the spirit of the challenge and so I took inspiration from the summer sunsets my husband and I often see when walking our dog Chloe on the beach in the evenings - which I keep forgetting to take my camera with me to take a snapshot of. I also found inspiration from Michelle Zindorf who does some lovely brayering/sponging to replicate some of these beautiful displays of nature...and which I can only try to emulate.

Anyway here is my card which included sponging (no brayer in sight this time!)...I was reasonably happy with the results...although I would love to be in the United States so that I could attend one of Michelle's workshops and get first-hand inspiration and her tips!

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Every Moment
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Accessories: Sponges, Eclipse Paper (non SU! product), White Gel Pen


I felt that the sentiment in the Every Moment stamp set truly reflected what we can get from taking a moment and enjoying the beauty that God has provided us in nature, whether it be summer time, autumn, winter or spring.


Why don't you pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other wonderful, summery inspiration the other Design Team members have provided and then join in the fun and Just Add Summer to your next project!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

This is truly stunning Mae, and I love the story of how you got your inspiration. Great work.

Patrice said...

Mae this is just lovely. I've not done a lot of sponging myself, but you've inspired me to give it a try. Doubt I'll come up with anything that looks this good though!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! Mae, this is stunning. I'd love to attend one of Michelle's workshops too! Maybe we could travel together (ROFL)!!!!? Beautiful sponging.

Launceston said...

Oh my goodness Mae...this is STUNNING! WOW...I actually feel speechless cos I think this is AMAZING! Well done you!

TrishG said...

So very pretty. I love these sunset scene cards!

KimB said...

You did a fantastic job Mae - you really captured the changes in the light. I am just in awe!!

delysc said...

This is one stunning card Mae! Love it to bits

Susan Joyce said...

Absolutely delightful Mae. You have captured the light beautifully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails