Friday, January 7, 2011

Just Add Ink #50 - Colour Challenge!


Over at Just Add Ink this week we are having a colour challenge...


At first I didn't know where to start with this challenge but then I thought that I needed to make a couple of fridge magnet calendars for my next market and I also wanted to put some ink to my Circle Circus stamp set (it has been sitting uninked on my shelf for a few months now, how sad is that?) and so that is what I did and with combining the colours in the current challenge, here are the results...


I love this stamp set for allowing me to just randomly stamp different images with different colours to get a vibrant background piece - even though I am hooked on DSP I can make my own when I want to! You might see in this calendar below a small piece of DSP snuck in when I backed my calendar - this is from the DSP pack - In Color which is a current Level 1 Hostess benefit.


The other technique I wanted to try was adding some scrunch to my ribbons which I got inspiration from on Mary Fish's blog, there she used satin ribbon while I stuck to my In Color Stitched-Poly Ribbon.


I also got to use some of the heavier magnets that I managed to find while on holidays recently in Geelong, Victoria at a lovely craft shop that I stumbled across. I sent my dear hubby off to the Aussie Disposals store next door but he came back before I had finished browsing so I sent him off to the Big W store and said I would catch up with him - half an hour later I did!

Anyway, I had fun playing with these colours so why don't you pop on over to the Just Add Ink site and see what the other very talented Design Team members have created and then join in the fun and submit your own entry!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration here today.

Supplies used:
Stamps:
Circle Circus, Every Moment, Whimsical Words
Inks: So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock/Paper: Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, DSP Pack - In Color
Accessories: 1/2" Stitched Poly-Ribbon, Clips Assortment, 1 3/8" Circle and Scallop Circle Punches, Calendar Tabs, Magnets, Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals

8 comments:

Nikki Sadler said...

This is a lovely idea Mae - can I ask where you found the little calendar tabs please - I can't find them anywhere LOL Thanks everso.

Mae Collins said...

Hi Nikki, thanks for popping in to visit me here. I found the calendar tabs at Educational Experience they have a website at: www.edex.com.au - just a word of advice when you get them and begin to separate them (they come as a stack of 25) use a stanley knife or sharp blade so you don't lose the adhesive that keeps them together before tearing off a month - I think this will make better sense when you receive them! Cheers, Mae

Paula said...

Mae, these calendars are a fantastic idea! I love the scrinched ribbon on them too. Thanks so much for providing the link to Mary's tutorial!

Robyn said...

These look so great Mae and are such a good use of those colours (which I put in the "way too hard"
basket Lol!) Love your ribbon too and the little inspirational quotes!I am sure they will sell well at your market!

Patrice said...

Wow Mae, fabulous project - such a clever way to put all of these colours together. I love it.

KimB said...

ooh Mae - I do like how your background stamping turned out. Perfect for adding the little calenders too!

inkeverywhere said...

What a great project Mae. Such a great idea. And I am loving the Kelvinator!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What an awesome project Mae. You've used Circle Circus so well - that stamp set scares me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails