Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Add Ink #52 - Sketch Challenge

Don't you just love joining in with the Just Add Ink weekly challenges, I know I do. If I am stuck for an idea, need further inspiration or feel like I have lost my mojo then this is a great place to start. With colour, theme or sketch challenges you always have something to spark off an idea or project and you can of course go back to past challenges for additional inspiration and ideas from those who join in either on a regular basis or when the mood takes them, plus of course those projects submitted regularly by the Design Team!

This week it is a sketch challenge...


I often use the JAI challenges to help me get started on commissioned cards, such as the one my mum requested as my parents have been invited to a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration - now that is a goal to aim for! Here is the card I made. I think I need some more practice at blurring the edges of my photos when I want to add a romantic or softer touch - I might just get some direct tips this weekend while I am visiting Tania Gould as she has a tutorial posted on her blog which I followed, although I have a slightly different software program, however, the process is very similar. I thought I was also very clever with using a prop in my photo a ring I knew my daughter had and which I thought might complement my project!


Here is a close-up of my greeting...


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentimentsr
Paper/Cardstock: B
ushed Gold (from Brushed Metallic pack), Basic Gray, Lap of Luxury DSP
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Lattice Embossing Folder, Curly Label Extra-Large, Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (Summer Mini), Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, heat gun

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop on over to the Just Add Ink site to see what the other Design Team members have created from this sketch challenge and then join in the fun for yourself!

Enjoy your day!

PS - don't forget to pop back here next Tuesday when Sale-A-Bration kicks off and I will have all the details!

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning card, Mae!! Love the photography, the blurred edges and the prop!!

Patrice said...

Loving your photography Mae!

Terrific card to, I'm sure your mum and the recipients are going to love this one - the lace adds a lovely touch.

Jo said...

Great card for a 50th Anniversary Mae, I'm sure your parent's friends will treasure it!

And you're so lucky you girls can get together. Boo to being the only JAI girl in VIC.

Jodene said...

Love this card Mae, it's so elegant! Perfect for the occasion :)

KimB said...

It's lovely Mae - very rich and elegant. Hmm I've never tried grey and gold - now I will have too;)
Kim

Tania Gould said...

Such a pretty card Mae! Can't wait to see your next card and its Photoshop edges!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails