Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Add Ink #53 - Inspiration Challenge!


I struggled a bit with this week's Just Add Ink challenge which I thought was "Just Add Bursts of Colour!" due to the photo title, but slowly ideas kept popping in to my head - mainly bursts of colour found in nature, maybe a sunset or flowering blooms! The challenge is actually an inspiration challenge using the photo for your own inspiration - flower, colour, summer - whatever, you take from it.

Finally this is the card I put together, thanks to a friend for lending me this stamp set as it is on my wishlist but one I do not have as yet - Upsy Daisy. I simply coloured each individual flower using my Stampin' Write Markers in bright colours and then stamped it on to Whisper White cardstock. Then I restamped this image, aligning it up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig, in Versamark Ink and embossing it with Clear Embossing Powder.


Keeping the design simple so the focus was on the 'bursts of colour' I added a bright bow in 3/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and a simple greeting stamped in Tempting Turquoise from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set.

What do you think - did I capture the essence of this challenge? Can you also see where I might have also found some additional inspiration for the design of this card?

That is what I love about this group, we can not only inspire others but amongst ourselves as well. I must say though that I found it really hard to capture the bright yellow colour of my ribbon, it kept showing up as an orange shade rather than the intensity of the yellow! I think I need some help getting the best of my photos using my camera - another thing to add to my 'to do list'!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over and see what the other DT members have created, click her to visit Just Add Ink.

10 comments:

Tania Gould said...

This really turned out well Mae, if I do say so myself! ;)
Love the colours - perfect bright burst of it!
Fresh as a daisy!!!

Rhonda said...

I think you did a great job meeting the challenge with this card. It is awesome.

Patrice said...

Great card Mae - love how you have coloured the flowers individually, it certainly adds a burst of colour. I'm sure the clear embossing looks really good too - a shame pics don't show wet embossing so well. Love that big beautiful bow too.

Karen said...

Simply gorgeous card Mae, Love your colours

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is an absolutely stunning card. I have had that stamp for ages and have only used it as a silhouette. Time to get it inky with lots of colour. Love your take on the inspiration challenge this week.

KimB said...

You have made Upsy Daisy look just wonderful - so bright and fun in those colours. The CAS style is a great balance to the colourful flowers :)
Kim

Genelle Little said...

I just love this card, Mae! I was surprised to read you struggled with the challenge - I think your creation is perfect!

Nikki said...

This is just lovely Mae, l love the simplicity, the colours are striking on the white background.

Debgem said...

Super clean and simple design, really bright and bold. And it certainly captures the essence of the inspiration photo!

Michelle Martin said...

Mae, I LOVE it and I think you really hit the spot. Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails