Friday, January 14, 2011

Just Add Monochrome...

Well it has been a week's since my last post and so therefore it is time to share with you again my weekly Design Team submission for Just Add Ink. I haven't been really motivate to craft at the moment which is sad because I have many things on my crafting 'to do' list as well as having a market this coming Sunday to be ready for!

If you actually saw my desk you would wonder, as I do, how I managed to find the space and creativity to put this card together because my craft desk/area is a mess!! I am in the process of cleaning my craft area at the moment and when I am finished I might post some pictures here on my blog!

I was happy with my card however and I got to use a couple of items in my craft stash that I hadn't yet got out of their packages - Beautiful Wings Embosslits Dies and Modern Label Extra-Large. The only thing I didn't like so much was the ribbon as it was not the beautiful satin ribbon I wanted, because Stampin' Up! don't have it in Perfect Plum or Elegant Eggplant. However, this one I found matched the colours I was using.

Do you notice the Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper that I used as my feature panel? I really like the vintage glossy designs that it has and which you can personalise with your own colour simply by using a Smooch Spritz or using ink and brayer or sponge! I sponged Perfect Plum ink over the panel and it so beautifully revealed the lovely pattern.

Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Inks: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock/Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Presto Patterns Specialty DSP
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits Dies, Big Shot, Modern Label Extra-Large Punch,
Ribbon (non-SU!), Basic Rhinestones, Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I don't usually embelish or put greetings on the inside of my cards but today I felt inclined to. So I carried through the butterfly embosslit theme but changed the colour from Perfect Plum (used on the front) to the Elegant Eggplant for this particular butterfly, I still added the rhinestone embelishment to add some sparkle. I think this card would suit either an engagement, wedding or anniversary so I added a love themed greeting from Occasional Quotes (Level 3 Hostess set).


If you haven't been to visit us over at the Just Add Ink site lately you need to as Amanda/Danielle have made some changes to the site itself and it is a great place to go if you have lost your mojo as you can find inspiration from past challenges - colour, sketch, theme etc.

Pop on over to Just Add Ink to see what the other Design Team members have submitted for this week's 'Just Add Monochrome challenge and join in the fun!

8 comments:

Tania Gould said...

Oooo...this is SO pretty! I love the paper and the colour over the top! Really really gorgeous Mae!

delysc said...

Gorgeous card Mae! I love the presto pattern dsp you have used.

Paula said...

I have got to get this paper! Your card is divine and I really like the (cough) ribbon too!!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This looks awesome in the shades of purple. I nearly used that sheet of DSP and then went with a different theme!! ;) Isn't it absolutely gorgeous paper to work with - so many possibilities!

Patrice said...

Mae this is lovely. I wish I could make my Presto dsp look this good. Great card!

Karen said...

Oh dear another stunning card and yes I am definitely putting that paper on my wish list now. It looks amazing with your own special touch.

Amanda said...

Stunning work Mae, where do I start? It's just perfect.

Melissa said...

A lovely card Mae, love the paper and the butterflies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails