Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spending time with friends...

This post is a bit late but I have been busy with other things that have kept me away from the computer!

Last Friday I took a road trip to Launceston, a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home at Dodges Ferry, to spend some quality time with two other Just Add Ink Design Team members - Tania Gould and Bronwyn Eastley - stamping, chatting and getting inspiration! It was disappointing that the other Tasmanian Design Team member - Danielle Daws - could not join us, maybe next time! I was so pleased that another Stampin' demonstrator - Rochelle Wright - could join with us for the evening, she is a very talented lady who is so generous with her ideas and gave me some additional inspiration, thanks Rochelle!

Also, thanks so much to Tania and her beautiful daughter Charlotte (who left me some cute little stickers on my pillow) for their hospitality as they allowed me stay the evening, which was definitely required as we didn't finish up until the early hours of Saturday morning! I have realised that I am no longer a teenager and it takes me days to recover from such a fun evening on top of the driving! Thanks also to Bron for supplying the beautiful Thai food for tea it was delicious!

We actually shared some make 'n' takes giving us some focus for the evening and so that we just didn't sit and chat forever and not get any ink on our stamps, which is always possible when you get together with friends - here is a group shot of what we made...


I shared with the girls how to create shadows using Stampin' Around Wheels and used a greeting that I felt summed up our evening...

I loved the colour combo of Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Wild Wasabi. This is also going to be the technique I will demonstrate in my first stamp class for this year, but maybe a different colour combo.

Next it was Bronwyn's turn and she stepped us through making a card using the lovely stamp set Bliss, her favourite at the moment, which is also one of the sets available in the current Sale-a-Bration promotion - so contact me if you want to earn one for FREE for yourself!

I love the vintage feel to this beautiful card and I now have another couple of items on my personal wishlist!!!


Tania guided us through the making of a lovely gift card holder, with a masculine colour style, that will come in handy for someone's upcoming birthday I am sure. I didn't have an actual gift card to put in it for my photo so I simply used my Village Movie Club card to demonstrate...


This was so much fun that I am keenly looking at my calendar to see when we can do this again!

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Hi Mae!! It was heaps of fun. Will have to come down to Dodges Ferry sometime soon too!

Linda's Craziness said...

Beautiful card. TFS

Tania Gould said...

It was fun Mae - great night! (sorry I have only just seen your post now).
We must make it a regular thing so we can look forward to it.
Maybe every 2 or 3 months or something?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails