Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cards for Christchurch

It has been a terrible twenty four hours for Christchurch, New Zealand with a 6.3 earthquake that has devastated the city and caused a tremendous loss of life. Many people are injured..some severely, many  people have lost their homes and possessions...or they have been damaged greatly, and many are having difficulty contacting their loved ones.

My heart and prayers go out to those people affected. I hope and pray that there will be more survivors...and send prayers of strength and perserverance to those assisting with the rescues. It is so hard to know how to help in times like these and when we are not there in person.

Therefore, the whole of the Just Add Ink Design Team (some who have family and friends in Christchurch) want to do something and this is what we have come up with...

Victim Support are a group affiliated with the NZ police force and are trained in dealing every day with adversity, helping and supporting people in need. We thought they would appreciate some cards that they could write on and take to victims of this devastating quake.

If you would like to do the same then you can send a homemade card (blank inside with envelope if possible) to:

Victim Support
PO Box 2109
Christchurch
New Zealand

Thinking of you, Get well soon, With sympathy or just a plain blank card would be appreciated I am sure.

This afternoon I was going to start on one of my swaps for SU! Convention, to be held in May of this year in Melbourne, but I thought my effort was better put in to making some cards for this worthwhile cause.


Recently I stumbled across a card created by Amy Celona, who had been inspired by a card in their IB&C using the Just Believe stamp set, and I had wanted to CASE this one at sometime. Well today I did as I thought it was an appropriate design for Cards for Christchurch and so I set about making eight of them. If you look closely in my photos you may be able to see that because I had a bit of a production line going I ended up forgetting to tear the Early Espresso cardstock from the bottom of six out of the eight cards...however, I didn't think it really detracted much from the design of the card anyway.


I better go now as I want to pop down to the Post Office and get them in the mail. If you would like to do something for those in New Zealand then you might like to put your creative energies into making some cards too.

1 comment:

Danielle Daws said...

These are just lovely, Mae. I'm sure they'll be much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails