Sunday, February 6, 2011

I have been Scrapbooking!!!

I have neglected my scrapbooking hobby of late...well about a year...but today I went to a scrapbooking event with my friend Sarah and I got inspired again - thanks to Angelene, Tish and others!

I started my daughter's New Zealand school trip album last year with a couple of pages but that was it and so today I managed to finish the cover page (see picture below) and put together a few additional pages. They are not complete as yet so I won't photograph them to share with you here because I need to add some journalling and put in some embelishments/elements from her trip before I will be happy with them.

I found an outline map on the web of NZ and printed this on to Stampin' Up!'s Card Stock Vellum but as it was only A4 size and I wanted to hide the adhesive edges where I adhered it to my page I overlaid some red cardstock, sponged with Basic Black ink, over the sides. I then used the fern leaf stamp from the retired stamp set Organic Grace and embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder to add a feature symbol of NZ on to the cardstock. I used my Big Shot and the Timeless Type Alphabet set to cut out of Brushed Silver cardstock my title, including the year she went on her trip.

I am happy that I have started again and can't wait to mix this in with my usual card making and 3D items that I have been doing. My daughter also said that she is going to hassle me to keep going with this project now that I have started and I have some ideas floating around in my head on how I want it to come together...so watch this space for some more scrapbook pages over the coming weeks!

Stamps: Organic Grace (retired)
Cardstock/Paper: Red (non-SU), Card Stock A4 White Vellum, Brushed Silver from Brushed Metallic pack
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Paper Tearing Ruler (CM), Sponge, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Big Shot, Adhesive


I hope you have enjoyed seeing something a little different here on my blog today and thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment if you feel inclined as I love to get feedback from my blog followers!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

What a gorgeous cover page. Those silver ferns are perfect!

Look forward to seeing more pages as you complete them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails