Friday, February 25, 2011

JAI#57 - Colour Challenge and farewell

Well this is farewell to Amanda and Danielle as the leaders of the Just Add Ink Design Team and also a colour challenge...which I turned in to a 'With Sympathy' card...and maybe I made this subconsciously as I was sad to see both Amanda and Danielle leave this fabulous challenge site that they created.

Here are the colours they gave us to use...

If you visit me regularly here you will also know that I am inspired by the very talented Michelle Zindorf who is a whizz with the brayer! I enjoy the depth of colour and projects that can be made with this tool and so when I saw the three colours we were given I thought I would blend them together with the brayer because I couldn't think of anything else to do at the time.

I started off by brayering my Whisper White cardstock with River Rock and then added Daffodil Delight and finally finishing it off with Cherry Cobbler. I was happy with the results! Then off course this simply had to be stamped with one of my all time favourite stamp sets Lovely As a Tree from which I used two of the images to give my picture some depth of space.

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, River Rock, Basic Black
Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, River Rock, DSP Patterns Stack - Neutrals Collection
Accessories: Brayer, River Rock 3/8" Double Stitched Ribbon (not available in current IB&C), Adhesive
 
I sponged the edges with Cherry Cobbler and mounted this on to a piece of River Rock from the DSP Patterns Stack - Neutrals Collection (watch out for some more projects using this paper stack as it is such a versatile one and which has inspired me to buy the similar ones in the other SU! colour collections). I tore a little corner off my image so a small piece of the printed DSP could peak through, this was sponged with River Rock and I then attached a piece of River Rock 3/8" Double-Stitched Ribbon (not currently available), which I had gathered by pulling the stitching threads, before mounting on to Daffodil Delight, giving just a thin border. I then mounted this again on to Cherry Cobbler before finally mounting it on to my card base of River Rock.

I didn't want my 'With Sympathy' greeting to stand out boldly on the card so I stamped it with Cherry Cobbler which blended it in to my background a little more. However, I should have used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the greeting was straight, if you look closely you can see it slopes up a bit which I didn't really want! The Stamp-a-ma-jig is a really handy tool to have when you need to place an image or greeting in an exact location, helps keep things straight if you are like me and some of your images are not mounted straight on your wooden blocks!


Here is a close-up of my gathered ribbon...


If you would like to purchase any of these SU! tools I use please contact me or if you would like to book a workshop to have a go at using the brayer then give me a call or drop me an email to maecollins2@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop on over to the Just Add Ink site to see what other ideas the very talented Design Team came up with when using this colour combination. Don't forget to join in the fun and make a project yourself and share it with us at Just Add Ink.

6 comments:

Elena said...

What a beautiful nature scene you created! Really love the colors! Very neat ribbon decoration!!!

delysc said...

I didnt notice at all about your non straight sentiment Mae! Gorgeous gorgeous card Mae.

Danielle Daws said...

Beautiful brayering! I love it. :-)

KimB said...

Wow you are certainly a wizz with the brayer Mae - the scene you've created is just beautiful!
Kim

Jodene said...

Stunning card, and beautiful brayer work Mae!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Kim took the words right out of my mouth!!! Awesome work, Mae.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails