Friday, February 11, 2011

Just Add Love - JAI#55

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is a good one to get me motivated and to do something that is on my 'to do list'...that is to design some wedding stationery samples...for those who know me and my family will know that my son is getting married next January and he has asked me to make the invitations! Sarah, his fiance, loves the colour purple and so I used this in my initial samples with Elegant Eggplant and Brushed Silver. I only wished that SU! had some satin ribbon in Elegant Eggplant as I think that is a richer/more elegant looking ribbon for a wedding, but the grosgrain ribbon looks alright too.



I used the heart stamp from the set Punch Potpourri, which is a Level One Hostess Gift. I really like this set as each image has a coordinating punch which makes cutting out your images so much quicker and easier! You gotta love that!!

I simply wrapped some silver cord a few times around the card and raised the heart over this with Stampin' Dimensionals. The "you're invited" text is actually from the Compliments to the Chef stamp set.


I printed out the Bride and Groom text on to some Card Stock A4 White Vellum and then punched them out with the Scallop Oval Punch. The only think I don't like about using vellum is what adhesive to use as no matter what type I choose it still seems to show through. I might try some Mini Glue Dots next time, rather than my snail adhesive!

If you look closely you may notice that this "you're invited" text is darker than the other, that is because I embossed this one make it bolder.Both my heart images were inked up with Versmark and then Elegant Eggplant ink before stamping on to Whisper White cardstock and then Clear Embossed, prior to punching out with the Full Heart Extra-Large Punch.


I think I actually prefer this placement setting with the Brushed Silver cardstock, although on the other one I really like the impact of the silver thread over the Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Not sure that I like the ticket-corners on this design, what do you think?

Which design to you like the best or do you like specific elements in each?

I just love the Textured Impressions Vintage Wallpaper for romantic type cards/stationery. I actually like different elements of each of these two similar but differant designs and I think I may actually swing the card around in my next sample so it opens up and not sideways...so watch for other samples/designs that I will post another time.

Now it is time for you to pop on over to the Just Add Ink site and see what other fabulous ideas the Design Team have for you with this week's Just Add Love challenge!

6 comments:

Patrice said...

I'm glad I'm not you Mae, or the bride and groom...these samples are fabulous and I just don't know which I'd choose. Love the Eggplant and Brushed Silver - gorgeous.

Jodene said...

These are really beautiful Mae! I couldn't pic a fave either. I love the use of these colours together.

Tania Gould said...

I got to see these in person and they are nothing short of STUNNING Mae! The colours are so striking. Um...my fav...I think...um...I think I like the Elegant Eggplant one but it only wins by a smidge against the brushed silver one!

KimB said...

Stunning Mae! - really striking colour combo. Hmm I think I lean to the Eggplant one - like you I like the silver cord on the Eggplant. Just for info - I have bought tape in the past (at local craft/stamping store) that is specifially for using with vellum and you definitely see it less.
Kim

Rachel Moore said...

the Silver and Elegant eggplant are just stunning together,your stationery would certainly be the talking point at the wedding. Very romantic

Vikki Jo said...

Beautiful!
Your work always leaves me in awe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails