Friday, March 4, 2011

JAI#58 - Just Add Amanda or Danielle!

We have a great challenge over at Just Add Ink this week...it is to Just Add Amanda or Danielle...yep, you heard correct! That is, for this week you get to CASE the talented Amanda Reddicliffe or Danielle Daws with either a card, layout or 3D project...whatever takes your fancy from some of the great inspiration they shared with us on Just Add Ink during their time at the helm or something inspiring you find on their blogs!

As a Design Team we had fun going back over their work to find that special piece we wanted to CASE...and this is our way of saying thank you to them both for the wonderful work they did creating this fabulous challenge site Just Add Ink and allowing us to be a part of their vision by putting us on their Design Team.

Without further ado here are the original cards that inspired me and the CASED cards that I created...

                     Danielle's orginal                                                         My attempt!

                         Amanda's original                                                     My attempt!

As you can see I don't quite have the flair that these two ladies do! Danielle's is such a vibrant card with a great burst of colour...I didn't realise how much the colour would change when brayering it over designer series paper...I will have to try again another time with a much more vivid colour! I was happy with my bow and I know how much Danielle likes using these on her cards.

Again with my CASE of Amanda's card, I didn't quite get the beautiful vivid colours that she had in hers, but I did add some bling...maybe I can just blame it on my poor lighting and photographic skills.

Anyway, I hope they are chuffed that we found it fun to CASE them both as our send off from leading the Just Add Ink Design Team. Best of luck to you both - Amanda and Danielle!

Thanks also to Danielle who sent me a beautiful card yesterday, that she featured on her blog a while ago...it is so beautiful in real life and her watercolouring is fantastic...click here to see it on Danielle's blog!

I suggest you pop on over to the Just Add Ink site and see what the rest of the Design Team created for this challenge and then maybe have some fun yourself and join in!

3 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

These are gorgeous, Mae! I know what you mean about the colour changing over the DSP, but I love how yours has created such a muted and peaceful look. It's beautiful! :-)

KimB said...

Mae I think you did a great job. Both of your cards are truly lovely, with some special touches and are a great tribute to Amanda and Danielle.
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Beautiful CASES, Mae. I must do some emboss resist over DSP again as the results are FAB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails