Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Add Ink Challenge #59

Well it is that time of the week again for another Just Add Ink challenge, and this week we have the following sketch challenge for you...


I have been busy the last few days and thought I wasn't going to make it in time to get my Design Team entry in, but I did! I have been trying lately to be economical in both my time and my crafting efforts. What I mean by that is, combining some things together, like this project which I made to reflect the sketch above but to also be an item I can sell at this month's craft market. It is a Memo Book Cover which I created from a sample left at my place my by an ex-SU! demo friend, Bridgette Bygrave, who left it with me to create a template/tutorial from her design...using one sheet of A4 cardstock. As you can see I finally got around to this...she left it with me prior to Christmas!!

It was also something that I did as the Make 'N' Take at my friend Sarah's stamp workshop this Sunday just passed, although a simpler design on the front of that one. Everyone had fun making one and personalising their front covers! It was also a good 'test drive' for my template and instructions...which had an error in...now fixed.

Another benefit of doing workshops like these is not only do you give ideas to those who attend but they also give ideas/inspiration back from what they create! I liked Karen's monogram idea (although she is in this mind frame because of her daughter's upcoming wedding!), Sallie's idea of using an extra strip of DSP to cover the inside panel which had a superfluous ribbon hole and I liked the results of my suggestion to Mel of stamping a flourish over her Very Vanilla letters, cut using the Big Shot and alphabet dies, to tone down the colour and blend it in more with her background colours.



Here is a look inside...it simply covers one of those memo books that I remember using at school for spelling bees and the like!

Stamps: Punch Bunch (SAB set)
Carstock/Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Woodland Walk DSP
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Dies, Two-Step Bird Extra-Large Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large Punch, Horizontal Tab Punch (retired), Flower Fusion (retired),Punpkin Pie brad, Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched Ribbon, adhesive


This would make a great gift idea...it could be used as a notebook, address book, travel diary, ideas book...you name it the possibilities are endless!

Now it is your turn to get inspiration from our sketch and put in your entry...if you need further ideas check out what the rest of the Design Team created to inspire you over at Just Add Ink!

2 comments:

KimB said...

It IS a great idea Mae!! Love how you mixed all the different elements, DSP, die cuts, owl and ribbon.
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Good to see you using your time wisely, Mae. This is one gorgeous note book. You forgot to mention that this is YOUR awesome sketch!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails