Friday, March 25, 2011

JAI#61 - Just Add Stamps!

As the title of this post clearly states the latest challenge over at Just Add Ink is to simply "Just Add Stamps"! Sounds easy enough but as we the Design Team experienced it wasn't as easy as it seemed. Did that mean we couldn't use punches, embelishments, ribbon etc everything we all love to play with? Could we use Designer Series Paper or what about layering of cardstock? Lots of discussions were had before some of us finally created out submissions...others had created their DT submissions before all the discussions were finalised so you may find some additional items snuck in here or there! I think Jo suggested this challenge and some of us DID find it a challenge.

I actually created three submissions before I finally decided on the one that I was happy with and the I felt fit the challenge the best. Here is my third design which I think complies to the intention of the challenge to "Just Add Stamps"...


For the design above I simply created a border using my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the image I stamped the Upsy Daisy silhouette with Elegant Eggplant ink, using Melon Mambo ink to stamp the greeting in a contrasting colour.

The card below was actually my first design and I think it still fulfills the essence of the challenge as I only used a Stampin' Around Wheel - Baby Tees to stamp the image and the from a second roll of the wheel I hand-cut and coloured a babysuit to mount using Stampin' Dimensionals over one of the sections of the image...


The card below was my second attempt at the challenge, using the stamp set Circle Circus, and the ink colours of Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry. However, by simply using a punch to punch out the greeting I felt within myself that I didn't fully comply with the challenge of using just stamps! What do you think does this card fit the intentions of the challenge?


Head over to the Just Add Ink site and see what the other Design Team members came up with for this challenge and then see how you go creating a card with "Just Add Stamps" and using NO other embelishments, tools or specialty papers...go on give it a try, it is not as easy as you may think!

5 comments:

Patrice said...

I love the card you chose to submit Mae, however, I like your previous two as well. Great job and now you have three cards for your stash - bonus!

KimB said...

You really worked through the challenge Mae and had some lovely results. I do love the classic simplicity of your submitted card thought - it really showcases how gorgeous that daisy stamp is!
Kim

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the clean simplicity of the Ups a Daisy card Mae, it perfect for the challenge and clever you to have come up with 3 to choose from, Took me 2 shots at it, to make one suitable one.

Sonia G said...

Hi Mae,

I love your work and check in every day!

I've left a surprise for you over at my blog.

Cheers
Sonia

Jodene said...

These are all such great cards Mae! Love the simple Daisy card the best though :) Love the single line around the edge, just perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails