Thursday, March 10, 2011

MOJO Monday 181

It has been a while since I joined in with the weekly sketch challenges from MOJO Monday...but last night I decided to make a card along the sketch lines for a friend whose Pop died last Sunday, just so she knows I am thinking of her at this time. She will most probably see it here on my blog, as I know she pops in here now and again, before she gets it in the post and that is only because I want to get my entry in to the challenge as well and I will be busy over the next few days...I will put it in to the post to her today.

I wasn't so sure about the colour choice but I wanted to also play with the lovely DSP pack that you can get from SU! in the current colour groups...I have only got the Neutrals DSP Pack at the moment but will definitely be getting the others. As I was putting this card together my daughter came home from work and walked passed and she said "love the colour combination" so I felt happy to continue putting it together.

Here is the sketch from MOJO Monday...

Here is my 'Thinking of You' card using Basic Gray as my main colour with a splash of Real Red to brighten it up...


What do you think, not too dreary a colour for a card like this? It has a lot happening on it and I am not sure that is what comes naturally to me...but it was fun playing with this sketch anyway.

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love the borders. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Bianca said...

wow.. I just found your blog minutes ago and I have to tell you, I love your work.. you did a great job on all your work!! Would love to welcome you on my blog.
hugs

Maria Gurnsey said...

LOVE the grey with the pop of color...this is gorgeous :)

Kerstin said...

Hi!
This is such a beautiful card! I really like it a lot. The colors red and grey are so nice together :)
I just found your blog today and I think I'll visit you more often now :)
I hope you can understand my english but I'm from germany and the last time I wrote or spoke english is so long ago... :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails