Tuesday, March 15, 2011

UStamp Swaps...

Recently I took part in a UStamp chat session and some of us decided to create and swap cards on two themes...Mother's Day and Autumn...one card for each theme. There were five of us who decided to participate and therefore we needed to create a total of ten cards...I finally got around to making mine this afternoon!

I had fun making the Mother's Day cards using my new Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (coming out in the soon to be released Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue).


A close up view...
Stamps: Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Rose Red
Cardstock/Paper: Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Framed Tulip Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Modern Label Extra-Large Punch, Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

Here is the one I made for the Autumn theme...although my husband said it reminded him of the colours of Africa! This card was inspired by the very talented Michelle Zindorf, who is a whizz with the brayer! Click here to see the one of hers that I CASED, although I used different colours. I was actually quite happy today with my brayering skills...I might actually be getting a hang of this, usually I have lines but not today!


Here is a close-up view of this one...love those silhouette birds!

Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Inks: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black
Cardstock/Paper: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Top Note Die, Big Shot, Brayer, Sponges, Photo Corners Extra-Large Punch, Two-Step Bird Extra- Large

Now to get these off in the post tomorrow...I hope everyone likes them...as much as I liked making them!

2 comments:

Tania Gould said...

Both stunning! I really love the shadowing on the first lot but then I really love the striking silhouettes of the birds! Good job!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Both sets of cards are gorgeous!! You certainly have mastered those 'shadows' and the brayer!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails