Friday, April 15, 2011

JAI#64 - Colour Combo

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post...and here we are at another Friday...which means another Just Add Ink challenge!

If you LOVE chocolates then you are going to LOVE this week's challenge...and with Easter just around the corner it is a perfect time for this type of colour challenge...but you get to choose the colours!

The challenge is to make a paper craft project inspired by your favourite chocolate bar wrapper.

My project this week wasn't really inspired by my favourite chocolate bar wrapper but just one that I had bought in my recent grocery shop, as the Cadbury blocks were on special...plus, I still had my Spot On wheel on hand from the recent workshops I had done focussing on using Stampin' Around Wheels.

I therefore, made a Chocolate Bar Slider to decorate up the block of chocolate before giving it away as a gift. What do you think did I achieve a good replication of the wrapper and in the right colours? Can you guess what Cadbury block this is?



Yep, you guessed it! It is a block of Cadbury Mint Bubbly. I think the Eat Chocolate stamp set in our current Mini Catalogue is so sweet and I am sure I will be inking it up lots in the next couple of weeks.

Isn't this a fun challenge? Now pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what other yummy projects the rest of the Design Team came up with and then have some fun yourself making a yummy project or two.

[Warning: this challenge comes loaded with additional calories and great temptations!]

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I LOVE your choccie block slider and your 'additional warning'. I'll try to avoid temptation but this gorgeous project of yours is not helping!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is a very cool project Mae, love the way the bubbles co-ordinate with the choccy, into my case file it goes.

KimB said...

There are going to be alot of people thinking about chocolate this week - lol! The chocolate slider is great idea and the spotty wheel definitely brings to my bubbly mint choccie!
Kim

Patrice said...

You've done such a terrific job with this challenge Mae. Your slider is perfectly decorated to replicate the Mint Bubbly Block inside - I adore Mint Bubbly choc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails