Thursday, May 19, 2011

Convention 2011 Highlights

Time to come back to my 'real world' after an awesome week spent in Melbourne...firstly for the 2011 Stampin' Up! Convention, then to spend time with my sisters, and lastly to fulfil my daughter's dream of skydiving for her 18th birthday! It was such a blast going to my very first Stampin' Up! Convention and so I thought I would share a few of my highlights with you...this could be a long post so you might like to go get yourself a cuppa before reading on!

Firstly, a snapshot of the Melbourne skyline taken from the Convention Centre where we spent a fabulous few days being inspired, WOWed and meeting some very talented SU! demonstrators. One of those tall buildings on the right was where we stayed...my roomies were the awesome JAI DT members Bronwyn Eastley, Delys Cram and Paula Dobson, plus the lovely Moana (sorry forgot her surname) and Andrea Morgan (Delys' sister).

Melbourne Skyline

Meeting the JAI Design Team members, who were able to get to Convention, was one of the things I was looking forward to most about going to Melbourne, and here we are...

Back (L-R): Tania Gould, Bronwyn Eastley, Jodene Tripp, Paula Dobson, Jo Eades
Front (L-R): Kim Badelt, Nikki Spencer, Me, Delys Cram
It was so funny getting our photo taken at various times as we seemed to have our own Paparazzi...see below. The photographer on the right was taking professional shots during the Convention and you can one of his shots on Shelli Gardner's blog, we felt so special.

JAI Paparazzi

Notice the person on the left, that is the very talented Christine Blain and it was so great to meet her as I stalk her blog often. I also met and made friends with Di Barnes (but can't find a photo of us together). Another person I was able to meet was the very funny Bonnie Thurber...her presentations are always a laugh and I so needed the tissues that Paula had kindly packed in our 'roomie gift bags'.

Bonnie Thurber and I
Not only did Bonnie do a great presentation but many others including our own JAI team leader, Delys Cram. Her scrapbooking and 3D projects were a great inspiration. Others who WOWed us with their ideas and techniques, just to name a few, were Sharnee Torrents, Teneale Williams and Kirsty Brown. I have so many ideas and inspirational tips going through my head that I am not sure where to start. Looking forward to sharing some of these with my lovely customers at my next Stamp Class as well as the two workshops I booked while at Convention with Ange Arnold and Letitia Hallsworth - can't wait ladies!

Delys Cram on stage!
 Not only were those who presented inspiring but the samples displayed on the swap boards were too!

Swap Boards - very inspirational
To finish off the Convention there was a dinner and presentation of Awards...of which I qualified for one much to my surprise! For this I received a pin and new stamp set to be released in the IB&C coming out in September and which I can't share with you at this time, sorry!

My Roomies
L-R: Bronwyn, Moana, Paula, Delys and Andrea
Back (L-R): Christine Blain, Kim Badelt, Tina Gillespie, Bronwyn Eastley, Jo Eades, me, Nikki Spencer, Jodene Tripp
Front (L-R): Moana, Paula Dobson, Delys Cram, Andrea Morgan
What a Convention, lots of sneak peaks, new promotions released, ideas, inspirations and WOWs a plenty...not to mention the opportunity to meet many of my online friends and colleagues!

This wasn't the end of my time in Melbourne though. The next few days I spent with my sister and her family and of course this allowed for a very rare sister's get together, which of course meant a photo opportunity.

Sisters
Ann-Mary, me, Jannette (youngest to oldest)
Ann-Mary very kindly chauffuered my daughter and I around while we shopped until we dropped and of course got in the ultimate 18th birthday present for my daughter Emily - a skydive!

Emily hanging around in preparation with Cleave
 
Flying high!
Check out the full video clip on YouTube - click here!
What a blast!
These were just some of the highlights of my week away...this post would go on and on and on if I tried to share with you everything that I did and enjoyed so I had better stop now.

As you can see I just love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, sharing what I love and inspiring others in their creativity. If you would love to be a part of this great family contact me today and I can share with you all the other great benefits of joining up.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Lovely shots, Mae. It was great to have you as my 'roomie' at Convention. Got a bed for Regionals???? Great pics of Emily's sky diving adventure too.

Andrea said...

jeeepers Emily has guts skydiving - good on her.

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Mae
How fabulous is that picture of Emily skydiving!
So glad I met you at convention. Keep in touch & look forward to seeing you again in Canberra.
Hugs, Di

inkeverywhere said...

Love it! Sure looks like you had a blast.....mostly love that pic of Emily....you have to frame that one. I just love her happy excited face..makes me smile. Love Chantell x x

Claire said...

Fabulous to catch up with you at Convention Mae, including the infamous lunch break!!

Patrice said...

Terrific pics Mae. So great that you got to catch up with most of the team. Lovely that you spent time with your sisters. Wow to Emily - great shot of her. Brave girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails