Friday, May 6, 2011

JAI#67 - Sketch Challenge!

It is that time again of the week for another Just Add Ink challenge and if last week is anything to go by there are a lot of crafters out there who enjoy joining in with our weekly challenges...a whopping 137 entries! I don't suppose that the fact that Mother's Day is this Sunday and the challenge was to Just Add a Flower had a great deal of influence in getting you all inspired and organised for a card/gift for you mother this weekend, LOL?

This week it is a Sketch Challenge put together by the very talented Bronwyn Eastley (don't you just love her easel cards and the lovely work she is doing with those butterflies dies etc!).

As has been the case for me lately my day to day life has become rather busy (doesn't seem logical as I am not working a 9-5 job at present, would love to though, needed the extra $s for next week's trip away for Stampin' Up! Convention!  Whoo Hoo I get to meet some more of the JAI Design Team in person!) and so I didn't have time to put too much thought or energy into my design for this week so it is a CAS card (Clean and Simple).

Here is the sketch...

And here is my card...
Stamps: Just Believe, Well Scripted
Inks: Garden Green, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock/Paper: Crumb Cake, Woodland Walk DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Button, Clear Embossing Poweder, Decorative Label Punch, Sponge Dauber


I am not sure if you can really see from the photo but I actually clear embossed the stamped image. I had first inked up the image with Garden Green ink and then using a cotton bud removed the green ink from the flowers and then recoloured them with my More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker. The stitching is actually faux stitching using a paper piercer and the template from the Mat Pack and then using my Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker to create the stiched lines.

Need to go now and finish the packing of my swaps for Convention, only did 40...20 of 2 designs...have run out of time for the third one I intended to do! Then I need to consider packing my SU! supplies required for Convention and what clothes to wear/pack...I hope the weather is warm as I have more summer weight clothes than winter, which I only discovered the other day when my daughter made me spring clean my wardrobe to see what we could find for me to wear at Convention. I am so looking forward to this week's trip - I get to meet and hang out with a number of the JAI Design Team, other SU! demonstrators, fun at Convention, then spending three days with my sisters during which time my (just turned) 18 year old daughter will come over to Skydive over the Yarra Valley for her birthday present as this got cancelled over here in Tassie for her birthday. Glad it is her and not me jumping out of a plane!

So between now and next Wednesday morning when I fly I have so many things to do and wish there were more hours in the day!

If you can find the time please pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what the other lovely talented ladies have put together to inspire your creativity and then have some fun and join in with us, using the sketch as your template.

PS - I got to meet in person our new Design Team member Kathy Tanner, who lives not far from me, and who I hope will find some time (after I am back from Convention) to get together with me to stamp and chat...we sure can chat, as we had a two hour lunch the other day...and who might share with me some of inspiration and I can show her a few different things that I have found fun to do.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

I love your CAS card! Great colors and I love that you stamped the image on top of the dp!

Melissa said...

Lovely card Mae, love the stamping on the DSP, I really should do that more often, a simple but effective card.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Lovely card Mae. I actually thought it was real stitching not faux - it's a perfect touch. It was so great to meet you (I loved our long chat too)! Thanks for the lovely welcome into the JAI family :)

KimB said...

It looks lovely Mae, very serene, and the image looks great stamped over the DSP. I would have thought the stitching was real too!
See you soon :)
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Simply beautiful!!! See you very soon. I'm so looking forward to catching up again.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the stamping on the DSP Mae, very clever, a lovely cas card. Cant wait to catch up with you in a few days...:0))

Liam said...

Beautiful card. Love the stitching. I thought it was real stitching actually... Just a perfect card for mother's day.

Liam

clare mcilhatton said...

lovely card

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails