Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday cards and a Sympathy card

There are a few birthdays this month for which I hope to make cards and today I want to share two that I made last night...a little late I know...for my son's fiance and her twin sister who celebrated their birthdays yesterday. My nephew Reuben's was yesterday too and I haven't yet finished that one!

Megan's card
  
Sarah's card
I did them both slightly differently. For Megan's card I stamped the Elements of Style image in Basic Black and Versamark ink and then clear embossed the image before colouring with my Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker. For Sarah's card I stamped first in Basic Black ink and then coloured the image with my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker after which I coloured it with my Versamarker and clear embossed the whole image. I am not sure which method I prefer as they both give different results.

Unfortunately, I not only wanted to make birthday cards but a sympathy card as well for a close friend who lost a mother, mother-in-law, nan...my thoughts are with you all at this sad time. Here is the front of the card, again using the same image from the Elements of Style stamp set...you can see how versatile this stamp set is, as I have been using it a lot lately for a variety of card types. This card was also inspired by the very talented Tania Gould's card, although I couldn't just add stamps I had to also include some lace for my card.


After coming back from Convention and being inspired by the very talented Teneale Williams, I am also decorating the inside of some of my cards as well. I was quite happy with how this turned out.


Well I had better go now and finish off some of the other birthday cards that I need to make, before I have to leave for a night out with my son. I am collecting on my IOU that I received from Dylan for Mother's Day, dinner for two and a movie! My option was to have it with him or for my husband and I to enjoy a night out ... I have chosen to enjoy a special night just with my son, especially as it was a Mother's Day gift.

4 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful job on all 3 cards Mae, l'm sure they will be appreciated by all recipients....Especially love the last one, the inside finishes it off beautifully.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

These are all gorgeous cards Mae. Hope you have a wonderful time with your boy :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwe dats nice! cheers Andrea & the dogs

Patrice said...

Mae each of these cards is just gorgeous. Love the variety this image creates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails