Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Birthday dragonflies...

One of the things I love about Stampin' Up! events is the opportunity to get inspiration and ideas from other fellow demonstrators and many of these can come from cards and projects that are on the display boards. One card on the display board at Convention had four squares placed together at the top of the card, but what I liked about them was the way they had been rounded at opposite corners and the other corners left square. You will see what I mean when you look at my card below.

The other idea that I was reminded of was embossing of images on to patterned Designer Series Papers and so I also incorporated this in my card below by embossing dragonflies on to Woodland Walk DSP. I was very happy with the result and I hope the recipient of this birthday card likes it too!

Stamps: Nature's Nest, Well Scripted
Cardstock/Paper: Basic Black, Garden Green, Woodland Walk DSP
Inks: Basic Black
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Adhesive

2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love, love, love this!!! Super duper gorgeous.

inkeverywhere said...

Oh I do love it Mae. This is such a great technique. I love these papers too and the Garden Green is my fav Green. Thank you. Also see my JAI entry on Just Add Patterned Paper - 25/6/10.
Chantell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails