Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bleached Out Images

Tomorrow night is my monthly stamp class, sorry places are full, and the first one I have held since returning from Convention. I can't wait to share with the ladies some of the excitement I got from attending Convention and the great ideas shared at the Workshop WOWs. One of those demonstrated by the very talented Kirsty Brown is what I will be teaching at my class and that is the technique of colouring an image using bleach.

Kirsty used a beautiful stamp image from the Elements of Style set, which has been on my wishlist for a while now and so after returning from Convention it was one of the sets I ordered and received this week. I have often been inspired by cards made by the lovely Tania Gould who also favours this stamp set.

You will probably not be surprised then to see this set featuring in a few of my cards over the next few weeks!

The card below is a slight variation on the one I will be demonstrating tomorrow night at my class, do you think they will like it?

Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Melon Mambo, Versamark
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter, Bleach, Melon Mambo Pom Pom Trim 


I really enjoyed trying this new technique and making this card and I hope the ladies at tomorrow night's stamp class do too.

Dont forget our current Extra Extra Hostess Promotion...if you hold a workshop between now and 30th June and your Total Sales come to $450 or more you will receive a bonus $70 to spend – so instead of receiving a Level 1 Hostess set and $40 to spend you will get a free Level 1 Hostess set and $110 to spend in any of the current Stampin’ Up! Catalogues.

Contact me today to book in your workshop or if you are pressed for time you might like to arrange your own Catalogue Party, email me for details.

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oooooh, Mae. I love your version of Kirsty's card. It's gone into my CASE file. Might have to CASE your CASE because I just got some bleach and pom pom trim.

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely Mae, a gorgeous case of Kirsty, l'm sure your class wil love it!
Definately giving this technique a go.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is just so pretty Mae.
Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails