Friday, June 17, 2011

Gift cards


I find my friends at Just Add Ink so inspirational, that when I need to get motivated I can just stop by one of their blogs and it gets my creative juices flowing so that I should quickly get into my craft room...and today was no exception!

I popped in to the very talented and lovely Paula Dobson's blog and was inspired by her Inlaid For You cards that I wanted to have a go at this technique myself...I have seen it several times lately and today I just felt that I had to give it a try and with the Big Shot it is sooo easy!

I also had several of the littlest butterflies cut out already from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die in Pretty in Pink cardstock and so I thought this technique would be a great way to use them up...I hate to throw anything away that I could possibly use in a project...which is why I have so many bits and pieces lying around waiting to be used ONE DAY!

I didn't have the Little Leaves Sizzlet Die so I decided to simply stamp this element in Wild Wasabi using an image from the Just Believe stamp set, which is also where the greeting stamp is found.

Here is the set of five small gift cards that I created...I was so pleased with the result that I am definitely going to do this technique again and again...and I might even demonstrate it at one of my upcoming workshops!


Thanks again Paula for the inspiration and I hope she doesn't mind but I have simply repeated her instructions here on how to do this technique.

How to:
1.  Select you die cuts and cut your peices out.
2.  Using Tombow Multi Adhesive lightly adhere the pieces on your card stock.
3.  Insert your carstock into your embossing folder of choice and run through the Bigshot.
4.  Adhere with Dimensionals to you card base.

It is that easy! 

If you would like me to demonstrate this technique at a workshop in your home, or to see how easy it is to use the Big Shot and use these lovely embossing folders and dies, then contact me today!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, these are fab Mae! I like how you substituted the Little Leaves with Just Believe instead. These are such cool little cards and you can whip them up in no time! Thanks for sharing me with you ♥

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These are really sweet. Love the soft colour scheme.

Di said...

Hi Mae
I really love this set. They're all so soft & pretty & the inlaid embossing really makes them special. I really must get around to trying inlaid embossing. It's been on my list for months!. Hope you have a happy weekend. Hugs. Di

Jo said...

Love this. The colors, the embossing, everything! And I really like the stamped leaves. Great job. Now I have to try this!

Patrice said...

These are so lovely Mae. Very soft and pretty. Must try this technique myself.

Nikki Spencer said...

These are lovely Mae, what a great technique, very pretty indeed...will be giving this a go for sure!
Now l'm off to check out Paula's..:0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails